Geek Squad Service / ruined my mother board
I recently upgraded my video editing suite and found my 1 Gig of Ram on my 2 year old Dell computer insufficient to run it properly. So I shut down my system and took it to Best Buy to get 2 more gigs RAM installed. The Technician on duty got me in quickly and installed the Memory for me. Then he went to Boot the machine to final check it.
My system has a small glitch when booting due to installing an incompatible hard drive about a year ago. The Drive is long since removed, but when booting the system still searches for the hard drive. I simply hit F1 to continue Setup and it boots with no problem. I explained this to the Tech but he didn't seem to listen.
After about a 20 minute wait, he said if I could leave it with him then he would check on it and call me within 2 hours. 3 Hours later no call had come in so I called. I explained the Setup glitch to another Technician and he said they would check into it and get back to me.
5 hours later still no call. So I called them and was told that my mother board was fried. They stated that my only recourse was to send it to Dell and pay whatever was necessary to fix it. Now I understand that "things happen", yet it is just too much coincidence that my entire Mother Board would suddenly fry on the Tech's table, after 2 years of stellar performance. Yet this Team had no interest in helping me figure this out, nor admit any possibility of negligence on the Technician's part.
I run a home based business and this computer is my lifeline. Every day without my system is money lost. I don't know what the best answer is here. But I am blown away with the miserable treatment I am receiving from this Geek Squad.
More Geek Squad Service Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off! 
- Geek Squad - phone insurance 
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair 
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks! 
- Geek Squad - geek squad dropped my computer broken beyond repair 
- Geek Squad - careless/reckless driver
- Geek Squad - moving old info from old microsoft hard drive to newly purchased hard drive work done with geek squad at hutchinson, mn location 
- Geek Squad - driver behavior
- Geek Squad - ordering a replacement cell phone/delivery service