Geek Brothers / SCAM

1 Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:

Unfortunately, I have fallen victim to a complete scam. I hired Geek Brothers to retrieve all my files from my laptop and then wipe it clean due to a virus. They said that it would be no problem. Upon returning my laptop with an external harddrive that I was purchasing from them, Matt LeBoeuff went to show me my files on the external harddrive and they were someone else's files, not mine. He stumbled around his words as he acted embarrased and in trying to explain why he need an additional $100 after I had already paid $235. I unfortunately went ahead and gave him a check as we agreed that he would bring me my files the next day. It has now been two weeks and I have called and left 3 messages a day trying to get him to return my calls, but no word from him. He does however answer the phone when I call from a number other than mine, which just goes to show that Geek Brothers are a scam looking for more people to take advantage of. And the couple of times that i have gotten them on the phone we have set up times for them to bring me my files and of course they are no shows!

Don't trust their (Matt and Chris LeBoeuf) geeky, nice guy demeanors! Unfortunately I did and gotten taken. So i basically paid them $335 to take my files...when i could have had my files taken for free by the virus I had in the first place.

More Geek Brothers Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ji
      26th of Feb, 2010

Matt LeBoeuf (GeekBrothers) =Liar, Theif, Crook, Scammer.
    Jan 25 paid $915.00 to have two computers replaced. To date Feb 26, no computers or refunds.
    Police report from Hurst Texas says there are currently outstanding warrants from Hurst P.D. and Ft. Worth P.D.
    This guy is also on Federal Probation for wire fraud.
    Turns out to be real nice guy??
    I talk to Matts Probation Officer (David Hernandez 817-732-7309 x 215 often).
    I am a retired fireman. Matt has no idea how many firemen I know in the D/FW area.
    I have e-mailed every one of them e-mail telling them what experience I've had with Matt GeekBrothers and for them to pass the word "DO NOT USE THESE GUYS!
    In one complaint I read Matt had answered he could give us 50 names we could call.
    You can bet your ### I'm not one on his list that he wants you to call.
    Lets let everyone in the D/FW area know how sorry these guys are - and if we are lucky run them out of business before they SCAM someone else...

28th of Feb, 2010

Glad to see we're not the only ones out there! These dirt bags took my wife for nearly $500, while I'm overseas in Afghanistan. She took her computer to them for repair nearly 7 weeks ago, after initially being told that she'd have it back the next day. Countless phone calls and txt messages later, with no replies (of if he does, it's a bold faced lie!) she's still out a computer and the money. We just want the computer back, but he refuses to answer his phone, return phone calls, or answer his door. Very sad.

Do not use these low lifes!! DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT!!! They have absolutely no integrity or sense of pride in themselves or their work. The BBB will be contacted this week, as well as APD.

• Sc
      4th of Mar, 2010

I have the same issue with Matt. He has my money, wont return my calls, and I still don't have the computer. The Hurst police are currently investigating this guy, so is the Fort Worth police. I'll be going to the Arlington police tonight. I also spoke to Matt's parole officer today (David Hernandez 817-732-7309 ext 215) I've been doing my research and apparently he pulled some hefty internet scamming. Go to http://forums.audiworld.com/ and search by various spellings of his last name and you will see that he scammed a lot of these people before he ended up getting arrested in Texas and going to jail for a while.

If you have problems with this guy call the cops and his probation officer, let the police know that he is being investigated by Hurst and Fort Worth (and Arlington as soon as I call them tonight) so that they can all work together.

• Dr
      6th of Mar, 2010

I've done business with Geek Brothers for over a year. They are great guys. It seems like they got a little behind due to some family troubles. I wouldn't call this a scam, I'd call it small business getting overwhelmed. I wouldn't worry too much, you all will get refunds and your computers back. What good will calling the police do? Do you think you'll get your PC back quicker if they throw Matt in Jail? Give the guys a break.

8th of Mar, 2010

I too have been scammed by Matt LeBoeuff and Geek Brothers. A tenant that leased my house in Arlington from me, sub-leased it to Matt LeBoeuff without my consent after finding him on Craig's List. After receiving a phone call from Matt telling me that he was living at my house and wanted to lease it from me directly, I drew up a lease and he signed it on January 13th. Two bad checks, a whole lot of lies, and two months later I finally got him evicted from my property in Arlington. I never received a dime from him, besides checks that wouldn't cash (One of which has been turned into Tarrant County Hot Checks Department.) To add insult to injury he vandalized my property on the way out and stole my washer and dryer and several other things from the property. The house is also trashed. I filed a police report for the theft in Arlington, but so far I haven't gotten anywhere. I also have a judgement against him in Tarrant County for rent. Don't believe a single word this guy or his brother or "Partners" or pretend lawyer says, he is a crook and a low-life and I'm sure at some point he'll end up back where he belongs, prison.

• Li
      25th of Mar, 2010

GeekBrothers is a cheat, liar, thief, ripp off, scam.
    They take your money and you never see or hear from them again.
    They don't return your calls or nothing.
    They are RIPP-OFF city.
    DO NOT USE THESE GUYS!!!
    Call and talk to Matts' Probation Officer 817-732-7309 x 215 (Mr Hernandez).
    He will be glad to hear from you.

• Ha
      28th of Mar, 2010

Used them last week. Matt was very frank with me about the issues. Nice guy. Sounds like he's working hard to get back on track. I will also vouch. Nice guy, just seems to have got behind with things that happened in personal life. I will use again.

• Th
      28th of Jul, 2010

This is Matt's real brother here, Chris. Wow, I searched my name randomly and found this stuff. First off, let me say: I have NEVER been associated with this company whatsoever. He used my name ILLEGALLY and has been calling customers pretending to be me. If this has ever happened to you call his probation officer. I, his own brother, am also after him for the offenses hes caused me and my credibility/reputation. Any of you who doubt this being true, ask yourself one question. Have you ever seen me or done business with anyone other than Matt face to face? Didn't think so. He's used my name, and I am a victim of identity theft.

•   17th of Aug, 2010

Eldon Mahon Federal Courthouse
    501 w 10th Street
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Fourth Floor Judge McBryde's Courtroom

Matts courtdate
    Tomorrow at 10am..
    contact prob officer for any addtl info.

• Ci
      23rd of Aug, 2010

Matt was sentenced to 2 years imprisonment to be followed by 1 year of supervision. He is in custody now.

6th of Sep, 2010

This guy is a piece of [censor]. He has been scamming people for years. He tried scamming me with a cell phone issue about 10 years ago and failed. If you guys want to know anymore info on him you can find it here:

Email: [protected]@gmail.com
    Usernames used: mofobishop, theirishcajun

Twitter: http://twitter.com/theirishcajun
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/matt.leboeuf
    MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/mofobishop
    Youtube: http://youtube.com/mofobishop

Geek Brothers professional video (Lol): http://www.youtube.com/mofobishop#p/a/u/1/ySJnG1PfzNg

6th of Sep, 2010

Also, does anyone know if you will be getting your money back? When he tried to rip off, he actually ended up screwing some poor woman out of $300.00+. I'm digging through my emails now to search for her address so I can tell her the good news.