Gearforcamping.com / did not send item ordered, not answered phone calls or emails requesting their help

1 38 S. Blue Angel Pkwy; suite 329Pensacola, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-291-8704

I ordered Brunton 58CE dash mounted compass on Sun 10/12/08. Then I saw that the item description did not match the manufacturer and model number. I emailed and called them numerous times but never a return . My credit card was charged the next day (Monday) for the amount, $39.99 on 10/13/08. I kept calling and emailing without any response at all. I notified my credit card that I suspected it was a scam but would wait a couple of days more before having the money refunded!

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2008

Hello. We here at Gear For Camping do not like feedback such as this however do disagree with Mr. Hussey in this case. The item he ordered was on backorder and was cancelled and credited to his card per his request.

• Ba
      14th of Aug, 2009
    Gearforcamping.com - Took my money/no product
    Gear For Camping
    Pensacola
    gearforcamping.com

After placing an order, paying and receiving confirmation, and waiting over two weeks---Nothing. They won't answer the phone. They won't reply to emails to "customer service". Their website says they are a Christian family business that is rapidly growing. Are you kidding me? Seems others have discovered what I have. Should have bought locally or on Amazon.

• Ju
      8th of Sep, 2009

Absolute truth... Thank goodnews for American Express. At least I'll get my money back.

Avoid this company completly!!!

• Ho
      9th of Sep, 2009
    Gearforcamping.com - Obvious SCAM

I ordered a sleeping bag, paid 110.00 with discover card. They charged me, and now nothing. No pr0duct, no tracking number, no refund, only 2 excuses from "customer service" I am furious about this!

• Ca
      16th of Oct, 2009

I paid for a tent and 2 sleeping bags ($337) on Aug. 8, 2009 and it is now Oct. 16, 2009 and I still have not received what I paid for. I just looked them up on the Better Business Bureau website and they have had their accreditation revoked in July. Stay away from this company. They take your money and do not deliver your goods. I am in the process now to try and get my money back.

3rd of Jan, 2010
    Gearforcamping.com - Stole my money
    Gearforcamping.com
    38 S Blue Angel Pkwy, Ste. 329
    Pensacola
    gearforcamping.com

Scammed out of $200+ dollars. Ordered a tent which turns out they did not have in stock. They keep telling me they were going to get it in. Keep me waiting 60 day. After 60 days credit card company would not issue me a refund. Been almost a year and still don’t have a refund. Looks like the money is gone. Stay away form this vender.

• Hi
      25th of Jan, 2010
    Gearforcamping.com - Shop elsewhere! They take your money and don't shipped product
    Florida

They take orders, posted to your credit card next day when item is on back ordered. I canceled order after nearly 2 months and it's been a month and they still haven't credited my credit card. I disputed the charge via bank and hopefully I'll get my money back. Also I filed complaint with Better Business Bureau and found out they have F grading and their accreditation revoked on July 22, 2009. Please see for yourself http://www.bbb.org/northwestern-florida/business-reviews/camping-equipment/gear-for-camping-in-pensacola-fl-18001535#ratingdetails