GearBestilife v7 pro

Ticket:T17041704075
Request number:W1703271336227950

Dear all,
I bough a brand new product on Gearbest website. When I received it on the 5th April, it was broken on the top and does not open and close properly. I have then contacted Gearbest and requested for this to be sorted as I bought a new product.
Now that I am trying to sort this issue I have been writing messages back and forwards with no solution on the line. I have been told every day a different ´policy´ by a different person. It is just unbelievable. I have requested a contact number several times and none was provided.
The service is extremely poor and no one is available to sort the issue.
Also, I did not buy a cheap product and they want me to pay to send the product back to the company or to pay a full price to get a new one.

Please see attached the photos of the product and copy of all messages between myself and Gearbest.

Best wishes,

Estado:Processando
Nome Completo:Silvestre Vilas
Gearbest Customer Support Em 04/18/2017 01:23:46 CST
Dear Silvestre,

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.
We have received your information.

Please rest assured that I am looking into the issue for you.
Please note that it will need 3-5 business days to process.
We need to confirm this issue with our technical team and will get back to you with an update as soon as possible. We will then resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

If you are unable for any reasons to receive our message, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Silvestre Vilas Em 04/18/2017 10:25:02 CST

That is fine by me.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Silvestre Vilas Boas
Gearbest Customer Support Em 04/19/2017 12:00:41 CST
Dear Silvestre,

Thank you for your important feedback and for letting us about your experience with us.
We are sorry for the inconvenience that may have been made.

Could you please check if the connecting position of your device and the charger is clean?

Please note that everything is OK.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
Thank you for your understanding and support.

Silvestre Vilas Em 04/20/2017 12:52:15 CST
Dear all,

I have just re-checked: all areas are cleaned and as you can see attached the area is free and clear.
My main question is that I bought a new product (only used three times) that came already damaged on the top area and that the open case does not open properly. Please re-review the attachments.
I do not think it is a good service to sell the equipment's already damaged and just sending an apology by e-mail.
Please find all proof attached again and please provide me with a solution as soon as possible.

Gearbest Customer Support Em 04/20/2017 11:33:15 CST
Dear Silvestre,

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.
We have received your information.

Please rest assured that I am looking into the issue for you.
Please note that it will need 3 business days to process.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Silvestre Vilas Em 04/26/2017 10:14:08 CST
Dear all,

any news? It has now been more than 3 business days.
As I said previously, I bought a brand new product that came already broken and not working 100%.
What is your suggestion? I would like an update as soon as possible.

Gearbest Customer Support Em 04/27/2017 04:55:46 CST
Dear Silvestre,

We would like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience.

Kindly refer to our warranty policy here: http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html
Please see our terms and conditions here: http://www.gearbest.com/about/terms-and-conditions.html

After reviewing your case, please review our possible solutions:
1)Return the item to us
You can return the item to us as per our terms and conditions indicated in the link above.

Once we receive the item, we can exchange or offer a refund of 179.99 USD to your GB Wallet with extra points.As long as the item does not exceed the 45 day money back guarantee limit.
Learn more about wallet benefits : http://www.gearbest.com/m-article.htm?id=111
Learn more about points benefits :http://www.gearbest.com/about/about-points.html

Customers need to pay the return shipping fee first. After gearbest has received the product return and confirmed the DOA, the return shipping fee cost will be fully refunded.
We will only compensate the return shipping fee up to a maximum of 50 USD as a coupon upon receiving the item and the valid shipping receipt.
If our technical staff determine the item is not DOA, gearbest will act in accordance with its own policy.

2)Keep the item and accept a partial refund on Wallet as store credit.
We can offer a partial refund of your product value which is 15 USD on your Wallet. This amount can be used for your future orders.
In this case, you can keep the item and do not need to return it to us.

3)Resend a replacement (No return needed).See Top 10 Worst Companies in Staten Island, NYWe can resend you a replacement but we kindly ask you cover a handling fee of 165 USD. If you choose this option, we will send you an invoice and arrange the shipment for you.
We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience with your decision.
Silvestre Vilas Em 04/27/2017 08:41:23 CST
Dear all,
It´s now 10 days that I am trying to sort out this issue.
As I said previously I bought a brand new product that is broken on the top.
The product is working but I find difficult that you want us to pay to return the item and having the risk of you not covring the damage and if I keep the product (damaged) you only return 15 USD which is about 8% of the cost of the product.
I am happy to keep the product as it works but would like an higher refund.
Please see attached the photo showing the damage.
Can you look into this please?
Gearbest Customer Support Em 04/28/2017 04:07:31 CST
Dear Silvestre,
We would like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience.
As you are our valued customer, we will give you the best solutions:
1)Keep the item and accept a partial refund of 20 USD on Wallet as store credit.
In this case, you can keep the item and do not need to return it to us.
2)Resend a replacement if you you cover a handling fee of 20 USD.(No return needed).
However, this is an exception.Just for this order, not for all.
We hope to keep future cooperation with you and we would like to offer you the exception.
Silvestre Vilas Em 04/29/2017 03:45:30 CST
Dear all,
I would like to pay the 20 dollars and get a new equipment sent to me. But this means I keep the old one and get a new one correct?
Gearbest Customer Support Em 04/29/2017 06:15:16 CST
Dear Silvestre,
Thank you for contacting Gearbest. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
Kindly refer to our warranty policy here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html
After reviewing your order in details, it appears that one of our staff made a mistake on this resend.
We have taken immediate actions to make sure this does not happen again.
As you are our valuable customer, we hope to try our best to help you.
Kindly note the broken might be caused during the shipping which is out of our control. According to the manufacturer, the item can be used normal in such case.
Please review our best solutions as below:
1) Return the item to us and we can refund you 179.99 USD on your GB Wallet with extra GB points.
2) Keep the item and accept a partial refund 22.5 USD to your Wallet (credit)
3) Keep the item and accept a partial refund 22.5 USD to your original payment account
4) Resend a replacement (No return) if you pay us 150 USD.
Please let know your decision.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Best regards,
Pamela
Silvestre Vilas Em 04/29/2017 08:37:57 CST
Dear all,
this is the first purchase on your store and I have had so many issues that it unbelievable.
You are saying that the broken area might be caused by shipping and you say it´s not under your control but it´s not my issue either. So who is actually responsible? I even paid the insurance.
Second, it´s not my fault that your colleague gave the wrong information so as far as I am aware, you need to do what we were told before. It´s to easy to say it was someone else mistake.
I don´t think it´s fare for me to stay with this equipment and as I said before you want to give us less than 10% to cover. I am sorry but that is not enough.
I would like to have a contact number so I can call and discuss this issue with someone senior.
I have been trying to sort this for more than 10 days now.
Gearbest Customer Support Em 04/30/2017 02:17:37 CST
Dear Silvestre,
Thank you for your reply.We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you want a full refund, you can return the product.
If you want to keep the product, the most we can offer is 30USD refund as compensation.
Please let us know your decisions.
Thanks again for your kind support.
Lillian
gearbest Customer Service
Silvestre Vilas Em 05/01/2017 04:15:08 CST
Dear all,
I would like you to collect the product and send me a new one.
The product is new, it´s broken and does not work properly. On my previous messages I have attached video, photos showing where it´s broken and that it does not work properly. Still I had no comment on this.
I don´t want money, I want a product that works.
So, please arrange for it to be collected and send a new one.
Also, I requested a contact number and still you did not provide me with any.
Also can I have the information to do a formal complaint as I am not getting anywhere with this message system.
Gearbest Customer Support Em 05/01/2017 04:14:17 CST
Dear Silvestre,
Thank you very much for your contacting us.
According to our policy, if you want a new product, there are two options.
1.Return the item to us
You can return the item to us.Once we receive the item, we can resend a new one. Or refund full product value to you, the you can use the refund order a new product.
2.Resend a replacement (No return needed).
We can resend you a replacement but we kindly ask you cover a handling fee of 140 USD. If you choose this option, we will send you an invoice and arrange the shipment for you.
Thank you for your support. If you have additional questions, you can contact us anytime.
Zareen