Gear Guys / SCAM

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I bought a longboard from these guys almost a year ago 7/03/08, cost me $175. I thought it was a good deal considering it being a complete board. But weeks went by and I still haven't received it. I constantly emailed them but they would never respond. I called them many times and it always went straight to their voice mail. Never got a call back. I tried to go on their site "www.gearguys.com", but it was down, probably not buy coincidence. Today is 03/15/09 and I still have not heard from them. DON'T BUY FROM THEM! IT'S A SCAM

More Gear Guys Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gi
      4th of Apr, 2009

K, here's the thing. I've bought lots of stuff from GearGuys and Boardsports, untill about a year ago when they dropped of the map. My last order never shipped and I found that my credit card was refunded, but I was still kinda miffed. I later found out that the company actually went bankrupt. Sorry you're mad, but GG and BS weren't scams.

XOXOX

• Sh
      30th of Apr, 2009

I had great luck from Gearguys, I think maybe they are now part of the Gearguys in Australia selling different merchandise down under? Would agree though that they definitely were not a scam.

• Ge
      8th of Oct, 2009

GearGuys in Australia are not affiliated in anyway with GearGuys USA. They used to sell skate stuff and we (yes - I work for them) sell Outdoor Gear - clothing, tents, backpacks, footwear etc. Hope this helps. Sorry to hear about your sale fall through. I would encourage you guys check us out. We are going good and we are uber reliable.