G.E. Service contract / Fraud

G.E service management
po box 100
Rapid City
Phone: 18885713101
G.E. service warranty said that my contract had expired back on 7/31/08, but my contract shows to expire 11/30/09. I had purchased the orginal contract, then purchased an extension to the same contract due to the G.E. refrigator had multiple problems from day one. They made up a story that I had over payed my contract & they refunded my overpaidment, which voided the 11/30/09 date. Then they said that someone had called & asked for a refund. Which I replied, why would I do that knowing that the appliance was a lemon. This goes on & on & I was treated rudely & they had no interest in hearing my side. DO NOT BUY G.E. PRODUCTS.

A  10th of Feb, 2009 by
I absolutely agree, their customer "service" is terrible. And they completely misled me with the wrong information. When I called to report that my microwave had died, I was told that the cost of the repair would simply be "parts plus the hourly rate". When the repairman arrives, he tells me that it is not hourly, that there is a FLAT FEE of $175 for the repair, plus parts. This is not what GE told me during scheduling, because if they had, I would've simply thrown out the microwave and gone out to buy a new one, for less than $175. Your typical "bait and switch". And of course now there is a $90 fee for just showing up. Calling them was totally useless, the "Consumer Relations" rep I spoke with made it clear that they do not care much about their customers. I will NEVER buy a GE product again.