GE profile refrigerator / freezer door and ice maker problem

1 2431 Yorktown StOceanside, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 5163228-908

for the last 7 months i have been having problems with my GE Profile Refrigerator M#PFIC1NFWABV S# ZM301321. It started with the freezer door gasket then it went to snow building up in the freezer compartment, then to freezing of the door hindges due to snow build up, then to a noisy compressor and finally to a bad ice maker. I am frustrated that service techs are sent to my house and none of them show any motivation or courtesy to try and further resolve these issues. I have had ge come out at least three times and Afgo which is a company ge uses come out twice. I am not happy at all with this type of refrigerator and with the service GE has been offering me I would appreciate it if I can have a different refrigerator sent out. this refrigerator is only 7 months old and has been a nightmare. I have called customer relations and all I get from them is there is nothing we can do. That is not an answer that a prestigious and well known company should offer a consumer. I would appreciate if someone who truly appreciates and values the integrity that the company stands for, corrects this issue and satisfies a very unhappy consumer.

With Sincere Appreciation
Luigi Campanella

Comments

• Lu
      25th of Jul, 2008

With Sincere Appreciation
    Luigi Campanella

• Do
      25th of Jun, 2009

Our GE side-by-side which came along with the house we bought is only about 5 years old and it is a disaster. Started out by freezing all the produce and parts of the rest of the fridge. Replaced some cheap damper (tech had to reorder because part number provided by GE was wrong). Now, the freezer will not seal. Bounces open when the fridge door is closed (actually, about 1/2 the time). Techs are puzzled. Help, this really sucks! Unless something changes soon I will NEVER by a GE EVER again.
    Don in Virginia

• Pe
      15th of Jul, 2009

I fully agree. I have a similar problem with GE, their service techs and their Customer Relations. I guess the almight buck means more to GE than happy customers or honoring warranties, The more word get;s out the less GE will sell appliances. Get the word out "Don't Buy GE Appliances"