GE PROFILE CONVECTION/MICROWAVE OVEN / GE AND BAD PRODUCT BACKING

12410 sw aspen ridge driveOR, United States Review updated:
WE HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD CONVECTION/ PROFILE MICROWAVE FROM GE. THIS IS A BUILT-IN CONVECTION OVEN AND I DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL TOTAL COST, BUT NEEDLESS TO SAY IT WASN’T CHEAP. 2 YEARS INTO GENERAL FAMILY USE THE PRODUCT BREAKSDOWN. A REPAIR PERSON COMES OUT AND REPLACES A PART AND IT WORKS AGAIN. HOWEVER, SINCE IT IS OUT OF WARRENTY, IT COSTS US OVER $200. NOW, 2 YEARS LATER THE SAME PROBLEM IS OCCURING. I CALL GE AND TALK TO 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE. THEY TELL ME IT MAY BE THE SAME PART AND IF SO THAT THE PART IS COVERED, HOWEVER I NEED TO PAY $80 JUST TO HAVE THE REPAIR PERSON COME IN AND DETERMINE WHAT PART IS DEFECTIVE THIS TIME.

I DONT HAVE $80 TO PAY A PERSON TO FINDOUT WHAT IS THE ISSUE WITH MY GE PRODUCT NOW. WE HAVE MANY APPLIANCES IN OUR HOME AND FROM TIME TO TIME THEY STOP WORKING. BUT IT IS ALMOST ALWAYS DUE TO SOME ISSUE WE HAVE INTRODUCED, NOT BECAUSE THE PARTS ARE NOT RELIABLE. IF THIS ISSUE HAD ONLY HAPPENED ONCE, THAT IS ONE THING, BUT TWICE IN 4 YEARS? IS THAT THE NORM FOR GE PRODUCTS? I DON’T THINK THAT IS REASONABLE AND I FEEL GE NEEDS TO STEP UP AND GET THIS ISSUE FIXED TOTALLY AT THERE EXPENSE. MAYBE I AM OLD FASHION, BUT I EXPECT A HIGHER CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM AN AMERICAN COMPANY. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED WITH GE RIGHT NOW AND I AM PLANNING ON TELLING EVERYONE I CAN ABOUT THEIR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

SINCERELY

Comments

Do
  20th of Oct, 2014
I too have a GE Profile convection microwave, stainless steel which is 4 years old. After 4 months it broke and was repaired by ge. Now it broke again. I called GE and they will not honor a new one or repair so I am checking further on what to do. I am hesitant to repair because of GE's poor quality and customer response.