GE Profile / ALL APPLIANCES ARE GARBAGE

1 887 WATERFORD CUT, Crystal Lake, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-722-6500

I HAD A HOME BUILT IN 2017, HAD ALL NEW GE PROFILE APPLIANCES INSTALLED. THE DISHWASHER HAS BEEN REPAIRED 3 TIMES FOR A COST OF 500.00 OUT OF POCKET, I HAD TO BREAK INTO IT 8 DAYS AFTER REPAIR WAS MADE TO GET IT OPEN, (REPLACED W/DIFF BRAND) BUILT IN OVEN SOMETIMES WILL SHUT OFF, THE MICROWAVE CAUGHT ON FIRE(REPLACED W/DIFF BRAND), THE ELECTRIC COOKTOP STOPPED WORKING(REPLACED W/DIFF BRAND), THE REFRIGERATOR BOTTOM DRAWER, FREEZES EVERYTHING, CAN'T USE IT. ALL THESE PRODUCTS ARE 4 YRS OLD AND ARE ALL GARBAGE. I WOULD TELL ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN NOT TO EVER BUY GE APPLIANCES. I WAS TOLD THAT THE PROFILE BRAND WAS TOP OF THE LINE, I HATE TO SEE WHAT THE BOTTOM OF THE LINE IS. ALSO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. THEY HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME THEY WOULD GIVE ME A $100 CREDIT TOWARD ANOTHER GE PRODUCT. ARE THEY KIDDING!

Comments

• Ra
      Oct 10, 2012

A General Comment: As a rule of thumb these days its a good idea to check your stars and cross your fingers on the day you go out and purchase any appliance - there is a plethora of lemons out there - almost no matter what brand you buy, and no matter who you purchase it from. You take a chance. My theory is that the quality control in the plants that manufacture the (often electronically complex) parts is back to the stone age - probably a China thing. And of course, never purchase anything from Sears. That's asking for it.

• Ge
      Oct 29, 2013

I'm sorry this has happened. If you'd like us to review your situation, please send your details to [protected]@ge.com. Thanks,

• Ta
      Oct 17, 2014
    GE Profile - broken machine
    VaudreuilDorion
    Quebec
    Canada

To Whom it may concern,
    I am extremely frustrated and unhappy. We purchased a GE profile machine in 2017. As soon as we received it we found that it was very loud ( was advertised as being silent ). The technician came and said that it was a normal sound. We disagreed. It sounded like a jet plane taking off. We realized that it made the loudest noise when we used the water saver cycle, so we avoided that cycle and used the others, and learnt to live with the noise. 2 months ago, The technician had to come again, as the machine was not draining. 3 weeks ago, the Technician had to come again as the machine had leaked all over the floor. He ordered a part that took a week to get here. When he came again to fix it, he could not remove the transmission from the tub. He had to bring it back to his shop. In the end he could not remove it and now has had to order a new piece that is on back order from GE for 3 weeks.
    I have a 2 year old and a newborn baby. I have not had a washing machine for 3 weeks, and will not have one for another 3 weeks. 6 weeks without a washing machine is unacceptable. I have paid the technician to come here 4 times already for a 2 year old machine. I have also tried to call your customer service. Either I do not get a human, or I am on hold for 20 min, never ever speaking to anyone.
    I Would like you to do something. A new machine or a replacement for my Machine while it is being fixed, compensation for all costs ( Repairmen, Laundromat, clothes that I have had to throw out ).
    This whole situation is outrageous and I would like a response immediately

• 45
      Dec 31, 2018

I have purchased my Last GE product. I have a GE Profile in wall oven. jt915sk5ss you turn it off and it still runs for another 30 minuites. No one seem to have a fix. I can research and test anything. Not this unit. They want to sell me the control board for over $500.00 . I will by another brand. Good bye GE.