GE Online Services / Finance charges and fees for nothing!

1 PO BOX 960061Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-317-5544

We bought a washer, dryer and refrigerator from a local retailer that used GE for their financing. 48 months, 0% interest. We signed up.

First warning: They overcharged us $1000. Fixed it.
Second warning: Our 24-month 0% interest suddenly became 12-months. Fixed it.
Third Warning: A sudden $206.35 finance charge and a doubling of the minimum payment. Thought we fixed it.

---Was told that our payment was more then the minimum, and that the credit of the finance charges would fix the account.
Fourth warning: The charges were removed, but now there is a late-fee because we didn't pay the minimum payment, despite our payment AND the credit AND the person stating that our account had been cleared.

Fifth warning: After being disconnected because they "couldn't help me" the next supervisor said my account was clean and everything eas taken care of. Minimum payment was $221. Payment they all ready received was $122, and she said my minimum payment was now $99 and the $120 took care of it.

Except the site and their phone service both say I still owe $99 ($221 - $122 = $99).

I'm paying an extra $100 this month to clear it up. I'm closing this account ASAP.

More GE Online Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sc
  5th of Dec, 2007

Started getting calls from this company last week saying we had late fees and if you give us your credit card info, we can make the 5 dollar late fee go away.
Hadn't even heard of them until the phone calls started
The calls have not stopped and are bordering on harrassment.
Stay as far away from them as possible

Da
  6th of May, 2008

CLOSE CARD ACCOUNT NOT TOO GOOD AN IDEA MY FRIEND: Hey there you say you're going to close out the account. I would advise against it!!! That is where your credit score drops TRAMATICALLY!! Just cut the card up burn it and keep the account open UNLESS they start added fees to it annually but it is ALWAYS WISE to "NEVER" close out a credit card because of your credit score! "NOTHHING" says you have to "USE" the card my friend just don't let them SCREW UP YOUR CREDIT by closing out the account BEFORE you do may I suggest that you contact the 3 Credit Bureaus via: letter / or Phone call to submit an explaination FIRST and then what ever they advise do it!!! But just DON'T USE THE CARD ANY LONGER IS ALL!! "BE STRONG ENOUGH TO JUST "CUT OT UP!!"

Pa
  11th of May, 2008

I was appaled at a dentist visit in 2006 when i was asked to pay over a $1000.00 that my dental plan did not cover. I was assured that they could help and offered me a "wonderful" solution with Care credit to pay off my bill. This is the worst thing that has happened to me financially. I have been paying this bill since 2006 and as of today 5/11/08 I owe more than I did when I started paying for this "loan"...Of course at the time I was told it is a loan..I find out later that it is acyually a credit card account/a very unscrupulous company I might add. I ahave no idea how this charges continue to accrue and when ever I try to speak with someone in the company they tell me they cannot help me. THIS MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!!! I am so very frustrated and do not know where to turn..If anyone knows how I can get some help, please email me @ PM7302@COMCAST.NET...I AM AT MY WITS END!!

Le
  13th of Jun, 2008

Same as Pamela, i had the horror at the dentist. Carecredit's website let me print out this sheet of paper to take to the dentist, whereupon Carecredit would loan me the money for the bill. They said they would send a card and a bill later.

A couple of months go by, and i never got my card, but i DID get a call from "GEOnline", of whom i'd never heard, asking for my checking account information. Since i'd never heard of them, i kindly told them to shove off and did some research.

Found that they WERE connected to Carecredit, tried to log into the GEOnline site to pay my bill...and they wanted my card number. That card they never sent me.

So i called GEOnline, and they said "whoops, sorry, seems we have the wrong street name here. I'll cancel old card, send you new card."

Couple of weeks passed. Got two bills in the mail (but no card yet). Put in account number that was on them, and GEOnline's website said they couldn't let me in, because that account was cancelled.

Called GEOnline. They said "well, you have to have your card number to pay." I said "you have yet to send me a card." They said "we show that we did." I said "you have yet to send me a card." They said "Well fine, we'll send ANOTHER. And by the way, you're late three months."

Couple of weeks passed. Got my card. Finally. I'm paying these jerks off and never working with them again.

Na
  12th of Aug, 2008

I opened up a CareCredit account when my dog was hit by a car last month and that account is the reason she is still alive today. We have close to $4000 dollars on the card and there was no way we could have given that up front. I called customer service to see if he could give me any information regarding our account (because I hadn't received the card) but he couldn't share anything with me except letting me know my first payment wouldn't be due for about a month and a half after we opened the account. We received our card about a week after opening the account and was online to view our bill within minutes. It was easy to set up the auto-pay feature and we just had our first payment drafted. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. So far an easy company to work with. I knew from the start it was a credit card, hence, "CareCREDIT" and was informed from the vet about how we would be charged interest on the original balance if we didn't pay it off within the 12 month no interest period. Like I said, this card saved my dog's life.

Cr
  23rd of Jan, 2009

I applied for credit at a local tire shop 8 months ago, I've paid approx. $800 toward that bill. However my balance is over the original $1300. Geonline is such a ripoff!!! Anyone that can give me some guidance, please contact me at lilscoopy@yahoo.com asap. Thanks...

Ri
  29th of Jan, 2009
GE Online Services - Dont owe money
Rich Rollins
Phone: 310-801-2243
rr.com

I initially agrred to have a patio cover installed by Home Improvement King. This never happened and GE Online Services keep billing me for work not done. They have no customer service line to talk to a real person to resolve

Wa
  7th of Apr, 2009

I'm a little spooked now. I'm on a trip, and trying to pay my online payment to G.E. money, and working with my laptop. I took all my information with me to log in, and G.E. online isn't recognising my computer.
I've never had a problem like that before. I left my actual credit card at home, and only brought the last 4 digits of my card that they ask for. They say they don't recognise me, and I've been paying on my account for over a year, and a half. After calling them (not real person) they are asking for the whole number, so I can't get to them at all. I'm worried about getting my bill paid on time, because I won't be home for another few days. Does anybody know a (real person) direct line to them?

Thanks, Wanda

Wandal411@aol.com

Br
  8th of Apr, 2009

What is GE services? My parents received a phone call from them looking for me like I owe them money or something and i have no idea what they are.

Si
  25th of Aug, 2009

G. E. Money bank, a very low class banking center, raises intrest rates for no reason.

Go
  5th of Jun, 2010

I used them for 12 months same as cash and so far I've got no complaints. I still owe about $300 of my initial $2700 so I can't claim to have a worry free experience. We'll see next month when my balance is paid off, but, I'm not really expecting any problems. For me it was an interest free loan and 9 months of good marks on my credit report. I would do business again if it went as smoothly as this one.