GE Monogram, 48& grill / Defective product

1 CA, United States

I agree with all the commentary about shoddy service from GE. I purchased a GE Monogram SS 48" grill w/ Rotisserie about 2 years ago (Dec 2005) and have not been happy since. The infared burners will not ignite unless I use a lighter, and then they will not stay lit for more than 5 minutes. Have any of you had a BBQ with a dozen friends waiting for golden-brown rotisseserie chickens, only to find 3 rotating raw chickens an hour after starting the process? Also, two of the four burners will not ignite unless I remove the grates and use a long lighter to ignite the iron burners (right, not even brass burners for $2K). During the first year of ownership, I swear I saw the GE repairman at least monthly (or rather, I waited 6-8 hours for him to show up, which only occasionally happened). Funny thing, the GE repairman convinced me to purchase the extended 3 yr warranty for $99 - what a great deal that was... Long story short, it's been 2+ years and I still call GE on a bi-weekly basis to book an appointment for poor old John to come out and spend several hours attempting to fix a grill that thus-far has proven to be a lemon. Over the past 2 years, I've seen pallets of parts delivered by UPS on one day, only to be packed up in a GE repair van the next day - smells a little fishy, huh? No one seems to care at GE, GE Monogram, or the outsourced GE extended contract vendor. There is absolutely no accountability, whatsoever. Shame on you, GE.

Eo