GE MONEY / Credit Fraud Waste and Abuse

1 2051 N Rose Ave # 120Oxnard, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (805) 983-3156

Don't ever shop at Daniel's Jewelers. Don't ever sign up for GE Money credit. If you do ... you'll be sorry.

I purchased wedding rings for my fiance and myself at Daniel's Jewelers.

That's when the problem started.

Daniel's sells their credit to a collection company called GE Money. I was told there was nothing to pay for 90 days. I was not alarmed when no bills arrived at my home. I even stopped by another store to purchase more jewelry.

A little over a month after my purchase I noticed my credit score dropped about 20 points. It took several weeks to find out why. GE Money ran my credit about 3 times and thought it would a good idea to mail my bills and credit card to my x-wife's house since that showed up on the credit inquiries.

So ... GE Money registered a late payment when my x-wife didn't pay my jewelry bill and GE Money gave my x-wife a credit card in my name.

It never seems to have occurred to anyone at GE Money or Daniel's Jewelers to use the address I actually wrote on the credit application. The idea never dawned on anyone to even compare my application to the billing statement when the bills were not paid.

You would think a jewelry store that sells wedding rings to people over 50 years old would realize that person might be divorced, but that idea would never occur to someone with the IQ of a fence post.

I'm finishing up remodeling work on my condo so my fiance and myself will have a nice place to stay and I submitted applications for credit to help with the cost. All were turned down.

It is not humanly possible to f**k up worse than this.

Comments

20th of Apr, 2007
    GE MONEY - ID theft

I'm ID theft victim. Fraud account was open at GE MONEY and for now I've provided a lot of evidences that it was NOT me but company doesn't listen to me. If you're in the same situation, please contact me and I think we can fight more effective if we're together.

• Ni
      2nd of Oct, 2007
    GE MONEY - Too many charges, bills go up not down!

What a crock... finance charges are through the roof and the balance keeps going higher with these invisible fees! (I make all my payments in full and on time).

Example:
    Last Statement New Balance: $11204
    Current Balance:* $11274

I pay 270 a month and 180 in finance charges which is just crazy and my balance goes up every month...

Beware people!

25th of Feb, 2008

Don't rack up a large balance, and make large payments. It will go down.

• Ka
      7th of Mar, 2008
    GE MONEY - Scam and fraud!
    Oregon

If Ge doesn't receive my payment on the due date, they call me three to four times a day... They have even called me at work if I don't answer my home phone,well I wouldn't be home, because I am working everyday. It is embarrassing, because I do make my payments, it is not my fault how the p0stal system runs. I am so sick of this company.

28th of Apr, 2008
    GE MONEY - Doubel payment
    India

i had taken a consumer loan for my refregiration from ge money, the last installement which has been cleared from my end ge money claims that they have not receivwed my payment where in i have repetedly submitted my bank statemnts to ge money which shows that ge money has debited my cheque and the funds are cleard but ge money wants me to make the payment once again and is not ready to give me any proof s from ther eend.

14th of Sep, 2008

How do I sort out my credit rating as GE money show me as having missed 3months payments. I must change to direct debit to stop me being late and receiving charges. My father is ill and I do admit to being late with payments. Regarding the 3months missed payments - this was due to the fact that I never receive my statements on time as I live in a tied house with my partners job and have mail problems, as it always is late or does not get there at all!

please advise

17th of Sep, 2008

People!! Common Sense...this is a AAA rated company...they send out their mail on time its the postal company that dont send it your house on time! ever thought abt that?? ever thought about calling them and checking if they have the right address for you...half of you dont even update your addresses correctly and then just crib on websites like this. Shame on you! this finance company has helped you in your time of need and bcos u r incomptent you backstab them!! it shows!!! wat u people are like!! ur just an ungrateful lot!! read the fine print!! they are a GLOBAL multi Million dollar AAA RATED company not a bunch of idiots from a village in india...they are not stupid to do things to you that is illegal...

17th of Sep, 2008

hi IDIOT...did u bother to check if ur pymt details were correct...gosh hw dumb can u people get!! its insane!!

15th of Oct, 2008

File complaints with
    Federal Trade Commission
    Office of Thrift Supervision
    FDIC

2nd of Nov, 2008
    GE MONEY - Endless phone calls
    GE Money

I do not have, nor have I ever had, a loan with GE Money. They call my home numerous times a day asking for "James". I have requested they remove me from their calling list and I am always told it is taken care of. Sometimes the calls occur only minutes after I have been assured it will not happen again. My emails and letters are now going to the CEO at his home.

3rd of Nov, 2008

Typical of GEMB's practices -

• Ba
      3rd of Nov, 2008

They would understand small claims court as well; take them to court.

• Ke
      17th of Nov, 2008
    GE MONEY - Credit line reduction without notice
    G E Money
    Illinois
    gemoney.com

I am very upset and extremely angry that my credit limit was reduce without my knowledge. Been a loyal customer 6 years and without notice had my reduced by 2500.00 of which I was to use on vacation and to help out household bills because of the seasonal job that I have in construction. Every winter I have to use my credit cards to get thru the winter until next year. I would like to know where I can file a complaint.

19th of Nov, 2008

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission
    ASAP!

They are doing this with everyone with any account.

26th of Jan, 2009
    GE MONEY - Pay Pal
    Cincinnati
    Ohio

Beware GE Money !! These crooks will issue a credit card with due
    date on FIRST, then mail invoice on LAST day of month, so you can't
    pay on time - THEN hit you for "Late Fees"

These Jokers are CROOKS !!!

BEWARE G.E. Credit! - STAY AWAY !!!

• Ro
      31st of Jan, 2009
    GE MONEY - Harassment
    Montana

If your Company doesn't stop calling 406-967-3497 a dozen times a day, we will sue you for harassment!
    Robert R.Reed

• So
      12th of Feb, 2009

Your complaint should be directed towards yourself. I'm sure at the time of purchase it states on your reciept NO INTEREST IF PAID IN 90 DAYS. Not 90 days no payments. Even then, what does that have to do with the store that you purchased your rings? It's 3rd party credit so your debt is owed directly to G.E money not to Daniel's Jewelers AND G.E money is a BANK not a "collection agency." Next time just admit your mistake!

7th of Mar, 2009

AMEN!!! This company has no control. Obviously if the call is not answwered the 1st time, no one is there, or no one wants to answer it. Leave a freaking message with DETAILED information so that if and when a call is returned it can be done appropiatley. I will never do business with this company again. I have had better experience with local "loan companies" and NEVER had my phone ring off the hook by them.

• As
      2nd of May, 2009
    GE MONEY - MONEY ORDER IS LOST AND NO ANSWERS
    GE MONEY

I SEND TWO MONEY ORDERS IN THE SAME ENVELOPE. ONE FOR $500.00, AND THE SECOND ONE WAS FOR $200.00. ONLY ONE MONEY ORDER WAS RECEIVED ON APRIL 1, 2009. IT IS UNBELIEVABLE, IMPOSSIBLE, AND INCREDIBLE THAT GE MONEY RECEIVED ONLY ONE MONEY ORDER. GE MONEY IS CHARGING ME STILL $500.00 DOLLARS. WHERE IS THE $500.00 DOLLAR MONEY ORDER IF IT WAS IN THE SAME ENVELOPE. HOW CAN THIS BE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

• Ga
      13th of Jul, 2009
    GE MONEY - lied to me all the way around
    ge money
    kayslone2@yahoo.com

they have lied to me about a lot of things they was suppose to take me off of a 4 wheeler payment and loied