GE Money Bank / Payment address switched!

Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:
We received a letter from GE Bank stating that our payment had been sent to the wrong address. We used their pre-printed return coupon. In addition, we were never notified that our payment address had been changed. GE Bank should reverse any late charges and remove any negative reports they sent regarding our credit.

Comments

Re
  22nd of Jun, 2008
I signed up for on-line statements, because the statements I received in the mail came so late each month and did not leave me enough time to mail my payments. GEMoney does not send me the on-line statements. I have to watch my account very carefully. Also, when they do send a statement, the website address link does not work.
La
  28th of Oct, 2008
Not sending statements is a violation of the Fair Credit Billing Act, and should be reported to the Federal Trade Commission and the Office of Thrift Supervision. Consistently late arrivals also have to be reported. Of course they blame the USPS for late delivery and that is a reason of occassional lateness, not consistent. That means they are not mailing them out early enough - probably on purpose.

My Guess is they changed the address the payment was sent to in order to pad your bills with late fees and interest. That is why they used the old address on the statement coupon.
This must also be reported - they should not be charging late fees for their errors.

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank