GE Money Bank / Applied interest to paid off account!

1 Rapid City, SD, United States Review updated:

I paid off a one year interest free account. This month I had another statement arrive reflecting the interest charges. I paid it well in advance so I would have the balance paid off. They state they never received the payment. I spoke with a Dan Griffee who was very rude to me as a customer. He refused to let me speak with his boss who I was told was named Todd Beutel. He said he would never let me speak with his boss as it was company policy. My interest was $278.91. I am paying off all of my GE Money Bank accounts and closing all of them. From now on I will never do business with and company who uses them to do their finances.

Comments

• Sh
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I opened an account on 06/11/2007 as a "Pay Deferred Interest" account. Specifically this account was opened in the amount of 1,369.00 with no interest for one year.
    On 07/27/2007 I sent a payment of 600.00 into GE Money Bank. On 10/24/2007 another payment was sent in the amount of 300.00. On 11/20/2007 another payment was sent in the amount of 469.00. On this check I wrote "payment in full per contract agreement". GE Money bank has tacked on 169.00 worth of late fees and interest even though they were paid well in advance of the one year and even though the payments I sent were way in excess of the 20.00 a month they asked for. They are rude to talk to on the phone and absolutely refuse to correct this problem with threats of more interest and fees.

• Di
      8th of Feb, 2008

Have either of you got this resolved yet? I, too, opened an account in Nov. 2007 and have pd 200.00 p/mo. My account should be around 1,000.00. When I went to pay online almost 90.00 had been added for finance chgs. The only reason I opened this account was for the no int fees for a year. I have plenty of cards with less interst that I would have used. I can't get customer svc as it is too late (after listening to 20 minutes of their automated svc). But if they don't resolve this you think that they could be sued for fraud. Or at least the store that offered this "deal".