GE Money Bank / Harassing calls for an account that is not ours

1 NC, United States Review updated:

We have been getting phone call for three weeks from GE Money Bank trying to collect a debt that is not ours. We have received over 15 calls. Each time they are told they have the wrong person and not to call back. We did a block on our phone but they got around that. I don't know how to stop them.

Comments

• Ye
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I AM ALSO RECEIVING DEBT COLLECTIONS CALLS TO MY HOME AND MY CELLPHONE FOR AN ACCOUNT THAT IS NOT MINE. I HAVE ASKED THEM SEVERAL TIMES TO REMOVE MY CONTACT INFORMATION FROM THE ACCOUNT THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO ME AND EACH TIME THEY SAY THEY HAVE AND EACH MONTH THEY CALL ME AT ALL HOURS OF THE DAY.

• Si
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Noway - a few seconds ago
    This is a scam and the posts you see on here that claim different have hidden agendas for doing so. These people try to use psychology fear and even compassion to ferret out further information. In my case... I never had an account with Chase to begin with neither did I apply for a card. However, they claimed the only way that they could verify the letter I received claiming I had an account, was to render SS#. So I said I would render it. He offered information to prove his validity.
    Of which I caught 3 discrepancies. Of which he apologized for and said he would have to alert his supervisor of immediately. LOL

First the phone # offered to me for a Experian is not the actual telephone number for Experian. This was verified by My Credit FRAUD monitoring service. The # 1800 955 9060 is not anywhere on the legitimate CHASE.COM sites. And after pointing this out to him, he in turn claimed it must have been in error. Also I blocked when calling them, however he claimed my phone number did not match into their system on a search. However asked me to fax or scan the fraudulent letter I received to him. LOL Why would I block my number then release it pending exposing impostors of phishing scams? LOGICAL?

So the numbers in question that were blown out of the water for inconsistencies are: 1800 955 9060, 866 396 8254, & 888 738 3115.
    The last number listed is where I was routed to the third time for the so called Internal Dept. Of which the individual claimed to be an employee of CHASE.

It gets better. He offered me advice to make a consumer complaint saying the number for Experian was 1800 311 4769. Not according to my sources. I am warning people on here to use discernment as much psychology, guile and deception is prevalent in these economic times and the false rebuttals on this page just verify the compliance of these evil entities in the destruction of your economy. Karma is as Karma does and Justice prevails. This page is being used to access info that we know so they can use it to hide better.
    Caller: GE MONEY BANK