GE Money Bank / Terrible experience!

1 P.O. Box 1230Noble, OK, United States Review updated:

I also have a problem with this company - but my approach is different. It won't do you much good to write to the addresses on the back of your statement. It will only go to drones who don't CARE that you have a problem. You'll shake up their coffee clutch if you tell them that YOU are setting the Playground Rules as to just how you expect them to correct your billing - and give them 10 days to respond. Keep a copy of this letter and send it certified. Be sure to mention that you will be emailing every dentist, every vet, every doctor who has signed up to be a part of their "network" (and make sure you do this - giving links to the complaints as proof to these care providers.)

Don't expect any results there - But Wait, there's more!

No matter what state you are in, GE Money Bank, a.s. must register with your Secretary of State - AND GIVE THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THEIR SERVICE AGENT. This is the "key" to everything. Now, go down to your court house and fill out a small claims form for the amount you feel they should reimburse you, or owe you. The court clerk will then send this, certified, to the Service Agent.

This means that a court date will be set, and all you will have to do is appear and show Good Service (the clerk that sent this to the Service Agent will also have sent a postcard to show a signature that it was received.) This means that someone at GE Money Bank has to get off their duff, and appear in court on YOUR turf. It isn't going to happen, folks. I went through a similar thing with Washington Mutual. They didn't appear (of course), I won the judgment and I sent a copy of same to the Chairman of the Board of Directors demanding instant payment. I had it within 48 hours via FedX.

By the way, the Chairman of the Board for GE Money Bank is Gerard Ryan and their corporate office is 3135 Easton Tpke, Fairfield, CT [protected]

Never give up the fight and don't be intimidated.

Comments

• Sh
      12th of May, 2008

Thanks for the good advice. I have been trying to get money back they owe me now for SIX months! I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on the phone trying to get this settled. And EVERY drone is not only snippy and rude, but they all give you different and contradictory information. This is a useless company that depends on people just giving up.

Well, I'm not giving up. My next step was going to be small claims court. Thanks for the info on how to get the name of specific agents. Wonder if I can charge them for the amount of time I've spent getting NOTHING from them on the phone?

• Tr
      28th of Sep, 2008

The Agent of Service (AOS) for GE Money Bank is:

Brent P. Wallace
    4246 S. Riverboat Rd, Ste 200
    Salt Lake City, UT 84123-2551

Thank you, everyone, for contributing your info. It's been very helpful to me.

Troy

• To
      6th of Feb, 2009

GE Money has the WORST customer service EVER. We have a dispute over KIS Golf Academy and I cannot get anyone on the phone to even discuss this nearly 10k loss. The info above does help and I will get to Chairman of the Board, Gerary Ryan or Agent of Service and President, Brent Wallace.
    Thanks

• Pa
      21st of Feb, 2009

I am in the middle of an ID Fraud Investigation where an individual opened a PayPal card with GE Money Bank in my name. This started back in 8-08 and was
    done in Euro currency. GE Money has not removed this adverse info from my credit report and has resulted in a low FICO score causing all creditors to raise my interest rate and lower my credit limits.

Pam Owens

• Sf
      29th of Jun, 2009

I am a 12.5 year vet and still in the active duty Army. I co-signed for a friend who was in default on the account for 6 months and the bank never contacted me. I found out about the default by pulling my annual credit report and saw my FICO score went from a 763 to a 652 without notice. I am gonna take this bank to the cleaner both military and civilian. I hate these rip-off suckers with their high flying life styles on our honest freedom fighting Soldiers dimes. Enough is Enough!

• Pa
      18th of Dec, 2009

Very similiar story happened to me- I have been paying on an HH Gregg account for the last year via bill pay thru my bank. When I knew my promotional period was comin to an end I started trying to call into the customer service hotline to get my payoff. Each time I called, whether it was automated or person, they stated that it was an invalid account, hence I could not retrieve the information needed for payoff. I questioned this since I had been paying on that account # for nearly a year! Come to find out, they had listed the 2nd card holder, an old roommate of mine, as primary! Now they are stating that I owe 527.47 interest accrued and that there is nothing that they can do, as the finance charges are valid. How could he be primary when they spoke with him and declined him? Hence I had to apply primary and added him to help his credit?!?! I AM GOING TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT AFTER THEM AS WELL! WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN!!!

• Co
      7th of Jan, 2011

I used GE Money Bank aka Care Credit as the finance company. Before payments were even due, on my first statement, their systems were incorrect! They wouldnt listen to anything i was saying, so immediately i had to have a conference call set up between all 3 parties. After being assured that GE Money systems were corrected, here I am a couple years later, with negative marks on my perfect credit record due to their system never being updated CORRECT INFO!!! No matter who i speak to, all they do is demand payment for amounts i do not owe! Late charges, penalties--now collection agencies--- it's uneard of! Letters from third party company, etc., whatever is necessary to resolve this issue promptly and once and for all is what i'm working on now. Not to mention, they call me between 12-30 times each business day! I'm so appauled with this company & the incompetent individuals working for it.

• Lv
      15th of Sep, 2011

Back in March I called the number on the bill for Care Credit/GE Money. I was having trouble coming up with that months payment and I was "granted" a deferred month. They said there was nothing else I had to do. No double payment no fees. Before April's due date I recieved about 10 calls a day stating I had to pay my bill, that i was late. When I tried to explain I was told no such thing ever is done. I paid the April bill, and each and every month sine I am charged with a $35 late fee. No one will remove these charges. Oh and by the way, the woman on the phone (cleary from India) stated she could not understand my speech.