GE Money Bank / LOC account, access denied!

NY, United States Review updated:
I opened a GE Line of Credit account in eary 2006. I wrote 1 check and paid it off entirely in November of 2007. Last week I went to their website to order additional checks to access the account and was told that my request was denied and that I would receive a letter in 7-10 days explaining the reason. The letter came yesterday (2/24/2008) and they referenced some perceived issues with my credit report. I can see doing this for a new account but not one that has been open for several years with no missed payments or other issues. I will never do business with this company again.

Comments

Ri
  16th of May, 2008
We purchased a TV through Howards in Long Beach California with a year interest free through GE Money Bank. P.O Box 981127 El Paso Tx 79998-1127. We received our bill and sent our cheque to ensure it was pain on time. When we received our next bill sure enough no payment was shown. When we called them up they offered a $50.00 credit but charged $250.00 late fees. This is certainly a scam. I would never buy anything linked to this company again.
Pa
  25th of Nov, 2008
I have had a GE money acct, for three years, and never late. When I moved across the states
I recieved a statement late do to Las Vegas, will not forward your mail zip 89130
they sent a collection agency after me for being three days late, RUDE and BAD Business
I know GE likes to do businessin Iran, But the U.S. is probly not there best market.
DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH GE
Pe
  26th of Jun, 2009
I purchased a couch set through American TV in Madison WI. When I purchased this it was interest free for a year and I had to make payments, well in a year I had this payed off. But on my credit report it shows I still owe $1, 782.00. What a scam I payed every payment on time. I ALSO WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH GE
Mi
  30th of Jun, 2009
I worked for GE in Australia. We should spread the word! Thier bonus structures are based on ripping people off. Get the fat cats fatter and have all of the workers get nuthin. ### GE fraudsters, should be shut down and given no federal funding.

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank