GE Money Bank / PAYMENT SCAMS

Hinesville, GA, United States Review updated:
I HAD THE LOWES CREDIT CARD. I MADE MY FIRST PAYMENT THROUGH SOME CRAZY PAY THING ONLINE. TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR ME, I STARTED PAYING DIRECTLY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE HAD FOR OVER 10 YEARS. I MADE 2 PAYMENTS IN OCT ($30) ($30), 1 IN NOV ($60). I WAS GETTING CALLS SAYING MY BILL WAS NOT PAID, HOWEVER, THE MONEY LEFT MY BANK AND WENT SOMEWHERE. GE MONEY CLAIMED TO NOT HAVE THE MONEY AND HAD NO IDEA WHERE IT WAS, BUT IT WAS NOT IN MY BANK ACCT. MY BANK GOT INVOLVED AND WE CONVERSED MANY TIMES WITH GE MONEY TO TRY TO FIND OUT WHERE MY PAYMENTS WHERE. FINALLY, THE INFORMATION CAME BACK. I HAVE A RTG CARD, THAT I OWE $0 MONEY TO. NOT KNOWING GE MONEY BANK OWNS (LOWES AND RTG), GE MONEY PUT THE MONEY ON MY RTG ACCT AND CLAIMED THEY HAD NO IDEA HOW THIS HAPPENED. THEY TRIED TO PUSH IT ON ME SAYING MAYBE I PUT THE WRONG INFORMATION IN MY BANK. IMPOSSIBLE, THE INFO CAME STRAIGHT OFF OF A BILL I GOT FROM LOWES THAT HAS NO INFO ABOUT MY RTG ACCT AND I OWED $0 TO THEM-NO WAY. THE MONEY WAS THEN TAKEN OFF OF THE RTG CARD AND SUPPOSEDLY PUT ON MY LOWES ACCT. IT SHOWS ON THE RTG ACCT THAT THE MONEY WAS TAKEN OFF, BUT LOWES CLAIMS THEY ONLY GOT $90 AND THEY CLOSED MY ACCT AFTER I SPOKE WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WHO SAID MY ACCT WAS FINE, ALL CHARGES WERE TAKEN OFF, LATE FEES, OVER DRAFT-EVERYTHING. SHE EVEN SOLD ME CARD PROTECTION AND I GOT THE PAPERWORK IN THE MAIL. I MADE ANOTHER PAYMENT ($30) FROM MY BANK ACCT, BEFORE I KNEW ALL WAS WELL AND THERE WAS NO MORE PROBLEMS. LAST WEEK, I WENT TO LOWES TO PURCHASE A FEW THINGS AND MY CARD WAS DECLINED!!! $0 BALANCE $0 CREDIT-------GE MONEY BANK CLOSED MY ACCT TO COVER THEIR WRONG DOING AND I STILL HAVE MONEY MISSING ($30) THEY CLAIM TO NOT HAVE. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WENT TO GET HER SUPERVISOR BUT HE NEVER GOT ON THE PHONE, SHE SAID ISSUES ON MY CREDIT, WHICH IS THE SAME THINGS ON MY CREDIT WHEN I APPLIED FOR THE LOWES CARD, WHICH TO ME IS A BUNCH OF BULL. THEY SCAMED ME AND TO COVER THEIR BUTTS, THEY CLOSED MY LOWES ACCT WHICH IS UNDER $500, BUT MY OTHER ACCT IS WELL OVER THAT. NOW WHO IS BEING SCAMED?

Comments

Be
  25th of Feb, 2009
GE money has very deceptive practices and I dont understand how they get away with it. I pay my lowes bill at the store on or before the due date, and every month I get a late fee. Last month they took it off, for feb which is showing up on march's bill they added another late fee, when I paid it on time!!! They have late fees, on top of other fees, and so on...I pay on time every month and manage to get fee'd to death. I cant wait to refinace and be done with these crooks.
Kk
  27th of Feb, 2009
OH MY GOD!!!GE MONEY BANK CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AFTER I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 11 YEARS AT LOWES. I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE AND I PAID THE ACCOUNT OFF. WITH A CREDIT LIMIT OF $1200. I WENT TO THE STORE TODAY TO BUY A FEW THINGS AND MY CARD WAS DECLINED. I CALLED GE MONEY BANK FROM THE STORE AND THE REP SAID THERE WAS NO EXPLAINATION. IT WAS JUST CLOSED. THAT IS FINE, I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS TO HOME DEPOT.
Ra
  3rd of Mar, 2009
I got a card last April with Lowe's for 500.00..didn't even use it until June when my refridgerator went out...I went with a 6 month no payment, no interest charges...in January I paid 51.00 on the account as it was actually the first payment due...then in Feb..I paid the entire balance off which was around 500.00...So I go online today, and find that yes...it was clear...I paid the balance off...but it said NO available credit...So I am wondering...WOW...I was never late...paid on time..and even paid the account off...I thought it was just a computer glitch or something...so I called and they said GE MONEY reviewed my account and decided I was not credit worthy...LOL..I thought..I pay my entire bill off and they think I am not credit worthy...what are they looking for..people who don't pay their bills off??? Personally I was offended...I am not just some kid here playing with credit..I am from the old school...where integrity matters...I am 62 years old. Anyway...HOME DEPOT has been more than generous to me on the credit line...so I guess I will take all my business to them...Any comments if you have had a similar situation happen to you...I would appreciate.
Sh
  3rd of Mar, 2009
When I signed up for this grant cd I was charged $2.95, when I got to my bank I found out they had charged me $95.00. I am 61 and on disability, so I can not afford someone coming in and taking nearly a hundred dollars out of my account. I have to eat too.
Sh
  3rd of Mar, 2009
I ordered the cd for $2.95 and come to find out the ###-HOLES took almost a hundred dollars out of my account not with my permission they just took it. I am 61 and disabled and would like to eat human food not dog food which is about all I can afford now.
La
  29th of Apr, 2009
I received a letter today that our Lowe's card had been closed. We have been Lowe's customers for years and always paid off our balances well ahead of time. It's not like we need to use the card all of the time, but I guess if you don't carry a balance, you're not valuable to them.

Our credit report will reflect that the account was closed by the guarantor which will impact it negatively, even though we were never deliquent. This is a travesty. It's difficult enough to maintain a good credit score with the current economic climate, then when companies like this piece of resort to tactics like this, consumers are being punished for GOOD payment practices. Of course, we're at their mercy and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Word of advice to all consumers...do not do business with stores using GE Money Bank as their guarantor for credit accounts. You will ultimately wind up regretting it if you do. If you are doing business with them, pay off your accounts and close them before they have a chance to close them for you. Your credit score will take a hit, but not as badly as when they close them.

Partial list:

JC Penny
Banana Republic
Old Navy
Car-X
Care Credit (veterinary care)
Do
  23rd of Mar, 2012
they get away with it because people keep funding them don't you get it... don't pay and take it to the news media instead there are not enough reports being made here but get it out in the news media and see what happens...here is peer to peer

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank