Niagara Falls
So I decided to get an eBay credit card because I use eBay frequently. I had a modest credit limit on it +/- $3000.00.
I had planned on using it on my family's vacation over Independence Day 2009. Well vacation came upon us and we were
enjoying ourselves. When I used my eBay credit card from GE MONEY BANK to cover some groceries I was STUNNED!
GE MONEY BANK decided to reduce my credit limit to $125.00, well groceries for 8 people are over $125.00, and I overdrew on
my credit limit. Well I would not have if I had known about the reduction on the credit limit. So, now I have to contend with
what will most likely damage my credit score. I have struggled to bring my score of 750 up from the lower #'s.
What the hell are consumers expected to do? Go after the banks? Not in todays economy. VERY POOR PRACTICE!
It is your credit they will destroy, not theirs.

N  8th of Jul, 2009 by
More clarification is needed. I'm not aware of a credit card that actually allows you to make a purchase that is over your credit limit. Those purchases are denied as far as I know. When you go over the limit on a credit card, it's usually because of a fee, recurring charge purchased thru the company or interest. One possible scenario is that they reduced your credit limit after you made the purchase. If that's the case, they shouldn't charge you any over-the-limit fees.
D  9th of Jul, 2009 by
I have been charged 9 late fees at 30, yes 30% interest because I paid too early!!! Due to hoilidays or other circumstances and because I use the bill pay service thru my bank, my bills are sometimes sent a little early. If they receive it prior to the cycle it is applied to the same month essentially paying a double payment but showing no payment for the month intended. A supervisor by the name of Carmita (spell) Did not tell me how many times I was late or that I owed 400.00 in late fees. She told me she would tell me one more time that I owe late fees and then would disconnect. It was after she hung up on me that I called back, talked to Kevin and he explained how much I owe, why I owe it and how much int. I am paying. He wasn't able to fix it but transfered me to the same woman who again hung up on me after refusing to let me speak to anyone else or advising me as to how I can reach her supervisor. My account shows that I am a terrible customer while in truth I pay on time. This is extortion!! No one will provide a number for a human who has the authority to help me and they are now charging me another 385.00 for being late when my july pymnt not due for another 19 days.
I'm frustrated that they called it a courtesy to wave 3 late fees but still charging me 30% on other fees even though it was understood by two other call center persons that I do not owe this money!!!
N  31st of Jul, 2009 by
You must be sending your payment in WAY too early. Even sending it a week before the due date shouldn't result in it going on the previous cycle. I'd suggest changing your payment date to the due date, or maybe just a couple of days before.

If phone calls aren't working, send a certified letter. You know they'll get it that way and you can detail all of your information and what you'd like done without being interrupted. I'd also let them know all the trouble you've had with their customer service.
A  19th of Aug, 2010 by
My husband was trying to resolve an issue with these people and spent a lot of time on hold. When someone got on he explained the problem not only did they did not help but then hung up on him. These people have suck [censor] costumer service. Do not use this service for any reason.

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank