Ge Money Bank / Care Credit / ILLEGAL PRACTICES

1 2121 PRICE ST.Pismo Beach, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 805-773-2493

I APPLIED FOR CREDIT TO PAY A DENTIST, I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR OVER 8 MONTHS, IVE NEVER BEEN LATE OR MISSED A PAYMENT. I RECIEVED A LETTER FROM THEM STATING THEY WERE CANCELLING MY CREDIT WITH THEM AND REPORTING IT ON MY CREDIT AS'ACCT. CLOSED BY LENDER. WHEN I APPLIED THEY ASKED FOR A CO-SIGNER AND REQUIRED PERSONAL INFO FROM HIM. WHY ASK FOR A CO-SIGNER AND THERN END YOUR ACCT. FOR NO REASON? I HAVE CHECKED MY CREDIT HISTORY AND IN 52 YEARS I HAVE 1 BLEMISH ON THERE FOR 250.00 DOLLARES, WHICH IS A DISPUTE WITH ME. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY DO WITH THE PERSONAL INFO ON THE CO-SIGNERS THEY REQUIRE SINCE THEY DO NOT HONOR THE CO-SIGNER PROGRAM. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED AND IF ANYONE IN CALIFORNIA WOULD LIKE TO BRING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THESE PEOPLE I AM INTERESTED. I HAVE CHECKED THE COMPLAINTS MADE ABOUT THEM AND IT IS UNBELIEVABLE AND SCARRY.

Comments

• Mc
      21st of May, 2011

Bate and Switch: The same thing has happened to me. I paid off the promotional balance, on time with money drawn off my Health Savings Account on time-in plenty of time to not incur the interest on the medical bill. They rejected the payment without my knowledge. About two weeks after I paid off the bill, I get a "courtesy" call stating that I had missed a payment. I was flabbergasted. I called the company. The customer service rep was an idiot, telling me that GEMB does not accept payments from Health Savings Accounts. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she hung up on me. You don't hang up on me unless you want to hang yourself. So I have filed three complaints to the BBB. GEMB also conducts business in multiple states, so the consumer doesn't know who to deal with. I have had communications from them from FL where you send your payment, to OH where you send in complaints that fall on deaf ears, and now from some woman in SD(Darcey Segatti West, Corporate Specialist, Consumer Relations). The latest communications I received from GEMB states, "unfortunately, GEMB does not accept payments from HSAs submitted as a debt" even after I called my bank. My bank told me that I can use the money in my HSA to pay off any bill I want. The designation HSA is only for IRS purposes, not GEMB's purposes. It's simply a checking account. Money is money. My bank resubmitted with the very same account information I sumbitted to GEMB on 04/14/2011, and GEMB took my money from the very same account I used the first time. So which is it? Do they accept money from health savings accounts or don't they? This is just another example of greedy credit card companies engaging in unethical billing and collection practices, trying to stiff the consumers. I am warning everybody, "Do NOT get talked in to using a GEMB card to pay any doctor or dentist." It isn't worth the harassment. Medicaid patients don't have to even pay a copay if they don't have the money, so why are working class consumers being forced in to contracts with companies like GEMB? To Mary K: GEMB doesn't have to cancel my card, I cut the blame thing up and threw it in the trash!
    Please send my any email communications to tmcnei50@yahoo.com if you have any more hassle from GEMB. I think a class action law suit against the company is in order mys elf after reading that suggestion on this board. Apparently, GEMB is engagin in unethical billing and collection practices across the board. I will NEVER use that card again and stick with my own money market account at BB&T, a bank that I trust and knows me.

• Na
      1st of Aug, 2014

I absolutely hate these guys. Outrageous interests and they claim that you miss payments when in fact you do pay on time. I would like to see a class action lawsuit immediately!!