Ge Money Bank / Care Credit / Raising finance charge when payments on time

I have had a ge money bank care credit account for 2 years now, i have made payments for those 2 years and have not seen my balance decrease. As a matter of fact i have seen an increase every month. When i called customer service i was told my promotion was over, i advised the rep that i was never told about a promotion period i was told i was on a fixed pay plan. He then said that my interest rate sky rocketed to 27% after promo period. Now my payments have gone from 130 to 150 to 185 and just today i saw that the payment is now 194 and i have not been late on the card. These terms and conditions were not explained to me when the card was signed for nor was i given a copy of my contract.

Comments

• Av
      4th of Apr, 2008

I also have GE CARE CREDIT. I made payments on time. I received a statement with deferred interest . I immediately called them. Was told to pay the balance on the deferred payment that the interest would be reversed. Now I received a letter stating it would not be reversed per terms of initial agreement. I received no seperate statement stating to pay prior to the regular statement received. It's unfair totally

• Ru
      27th of Aug, 2008

I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THESE PEOPLE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM YOU CAN NOT PAID YOUR BILL OUT WITH THESE PEOPLE.

• Da
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I disagree with my charging . I spent only 50 $ maybe less $ but my statement grow up to 300 $ . Please let me know how come ? If I do not use this card for long time and I paid everything

• Ni
      20th of Mar, 2009

WOW I find my Care Credit card has been wonderful. I have used it for 4 years now and has been a life saver. I am confused on how you dont know your terms and conditions. They come every month with your monthly statement? Like all credit card companies they are obligated to provide this.

Nicole

• Di
      20th of May, 2009

I too am so sick of GE Care Credit. I cannot get in thier web site ..never, when I need to...just to pay my bill. Now after reading all these complaints, I amm reporting them to the State Attorney General. If you all do that, things may change.

30th of Sep, 2009

Care Credit offers zero interest for 12 months. Beware... I went to the Dentist 3 times for a total of $585. I paid $585 in 12 months. My balance is $321???? I set up auto bill pay thru them from day one. they say I have 4 lates for $160. and because of my lates I now have finance charges.. I see no late fees on my statement. Customer service is evasive, I filed a small claim against them and they avoided the certified letter of service. Last month They said I owed $318 when I thought I was paid off, I made a pmt of $25 to avoid them from saying I was late till we could get to court and now my Balance is #321 Looks like I'm getting hit with $28 per mo interest on a no interest loan..

9-30-09

30th of Sep, 2009

Has anyone found a good contact at care? I have tried to talk to people at the 18668937864 # but they are evasive, indirect, and told me to write a letter to the el paso TX office. In the mean time they are hitting the $321 overcharges with intererst of $28 per month. Balance should be zero.
    stevejgr@yahoo.com

30th of Sep, 2009

Check out this web site, It shows over 6, 000 complaints against Care Credit and yet they have an A+ rating with the BBB. I just finished filing a complaint to BBB Please do the same.

16th of Oct, 2009

that problem about not getting your terms and conditions has NOTHING to do with gemb, but everything to do with the provider you signed up for the card with. if you contact gemb right away... they would have helped you and explained your account to you, as well as sent out a new terms and conditions letter.

not all credit companies are out to get you!

16th of Oct, 2009

Mr Jaeger,
    Credit Card companies are not responsible for customer ignorance.
    Thank You.

29th of Oct, 2009

I spent hours trying to pay my entire balance off from their site. I had to turn off all scheduled payments to put in a one time payment. This was completely illogical. After I pay off the entire balance, they still gave me a service fee. Lucky for me I noticed it before it accrued interest for 15 years.

• Li
      18th of Feb, 2010

I also have had the same experience with GEMONEY. My Dentist suggested to me it was good as there was no interest if paid in 12 mos. I got a late fee when I wasn't late, I was on the phone with them for an hour and asked directly if I could pay the next month in advance as I was traveling out of the country. The operator agreed but somehow made my payment late. I tried to set up auto pay which they don't have. (Good for 3 mos only) So when you think your bill is being paid it actually isn't.
    On top of that, I began paying 100.00 every month on time, they raised the due amount 7.00 dollars. I almost didn't see it and would have been slapped with another late charge.
    The people in customer service are rude and hung up on me twice. I asked for an explanation of why they have charged me 400.00 extra and they said it was becasue I was late twice. (I never got the contract or read it.)
    Then as I go to pay the whole amount off they charged me another 300.00 for the previous late 2 fees. In other the same 2 late fees. I paid the month late fee. I am not deliquent on my bills my credit score was 780 and now they said they have reported my 2 late times and now my credit rating is down.
    ANYONE WANT TO START A CLASS-ACTION LAW SUIT? I AM PRETTY SURE WE WOULD WIN.
    They are deceitful snakes laying by the side of the road waiting for its prey. How much longer will we decent law abiding citizens allow them to commit high way robbery??? I am presently out of the country but when I return I am going to fry them in court. Linda Reason