Ge Money Bank / Care Credit / PROMOTIONAL PAYOFFS

HAVE A CREDIT CARE THROUGH CARE CREDIT/ GEMB HAD A TOOTH FIX IN 2008 AND HAVE BEEN MAKING MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS, NOW SUDDENLY 2010 THEY HIT ME WITH PROMOTIONAL FEE'S AND ARE REPORTING TO CREDIT BEAURE THAT I HAVEN'T PAID ON TIME, WHAT THE HELL I'VE PAID WHAT WAS ON MY BILL EVERY MONTH AND STILL MY BALANCE STAYS WHERE IT IS AND NEVER COMES DOWN. SHOULD I CONTINUE TO PAY AND LET THEM SINK ME FINANCAILLY? RUINING MY CREDIT? HOW DO I GET OUT OF THERE GRASP? LAW SUIT? CLASS ACTION SUIT? CAN ANYONE HELP?

Comments

• Mr
      Mar 10, 2011

You must show proof that you paid on time each month before any late fees would have occuried, or by the next month, each payment you sent in would only cover the late fee payment of the month before,
    so you would have still missed all your payments. When the promotion period is ending, you must of have paid the balance in full, minus the minimal payments you were making, or you would owe all the money plus interest that would have occuried from day one on the full balance. Burden of proof lays solely on you to prove and not the company. That is the law.

• Mc
      May 21, 2011

Bait and Switch tactics by GE Money Bank. I paid off the promotional balance on time, in full to avoid late payments and the interest. GE Money Bank rejected the payment. I didn't know they rejected the payment until I received a "courtesy" call from them stating I had missed a payment. I knew that was incorrect. I called their CS number. The CSR was an idiot. She told me GE Money bank does not accept payments from health savings accounts (money is money). When I asked to speak to someone in charge, she hung up on me. You don't hang up on me unless you want to hang yourself! I immediately called my bank. I was informed by my bank that HSA is a tax term and has nothing to do with types of funds. Money is money. So my bank made another money transfer from the same health savings account with the same information I provided GE Money Bank/Care Creidt the first time on 04/14/11. I paid off the entire card using the same account. This time GE Money bank took the money. So they essentially lied about not accepting money from a HSA. I got yet another communication from them this time from an office in Rapid City, SD. Their corporate specialist, Darcey Segatti West, is still maintaining the lie in writing stating, "Unfortunately, GEMB does not accept payments from a Health Savings Account submitted as a debt; therefore, the payment was returned." She is full of crap. If this is true, then why did they take the money transfer from my bank the second time? GEMB better accept the payment from my HSA because that's the only money they are getting from me. All my money is tied up in that account. It's a checking account just like any other checking account. The company has offices in FL, OH, and SD and probably elsewhere. This is another tactic to keep the consumer running around in circles. I have filed 3 complaints with the BBB in FL, OH, and SD against this company. I told GEMB that until they admit they were at fault my complaint against them with the BBB is not closed and never will be. And now my complaint against them is online and a matter of public record. Please send any communications regarding this unethical company to [protected]@yahoo.com. I have also formed a group on this website called GE Money Bank/Care Credit complainants. It a class action law suit is in order, it would be helpful for everyone to ferry their complaints through the group thread. Also save all documents you received from Care Credit and copies of you bank statements. Factual information with written evidence is always best

Aug 24, 2011

My situation is different but unfair. I had a promotional interest rate, but when the economy tank so did our small business. My husband and I are on social security and our additional income changed drastically and I asked for a reduced interest rate and paid the late (1) payment. I was told to make payments on time and I must speak to someone else to arrange for a lower rate. The main problem is they now want me to authorize post dated payment on the phone, instead of how I paid through online banking as before, each month and call every 2 hrs. starting at 8a until 8p Mon - Sun. I have a problem with that and CS reps determined to get a commitment by phone and my routing and check account number.