GE Money Bank / Poor customer service/liars

Recently on 10/6/07 I was in my local Belk store & as they always do, I was asked if I'd like to open a Belk charge to save on my purchases. I was making a large purchase so said OK. I got my temporary card# and the cashier said oh I'm sorry and withdrew it advising I would get a letter of explanation in the mail. I got that letter yesteray, 10/20/07. It directed me to contact GE Money Bank, apparently the backer for the Belk CC. No number was give and the reason given for declination was UNABLE TO VERIFY IDENITY. Well, having never seen this I called Belk who could not believe there was no ph# for GE Money Bank, after reading their complaints on line I see why. Belk though called them while I was on the line, they put a rep on the line who was nice & said he'd try to get this approved & that they had attempted to call me on the home ph# 3 time to verify my identity. I told them I was at work & have an answ mach & no messg left. Asked why they didnt call the other 2 #s one of which is my cell & w/me all the time. He said there were no other #s on the application. I told him I was looking at my application & indeed all 3 #s were there. I asked how he confirmed someone called me and he said b/c it was written on my file. I told him if anyone called they didnt leave a message and could we verify it now, he went to a supervisor & put him on the phone, a guy NAMED ERIC. He sounded more like one of those bill collectors...you know the type you hear about on the tv ads....he said he WAS NOT GOING TO APPROVE IT NOW BECAUSE I DIDNT ANSWER THE FIRST 3 TIMES THEY TRIED TO CALL. For goodness sake, I work during the day....I will write a long letter to Belk on Monday and suggest they look on this webiste (complainsboard.com) and perhaps look to another vendor to handle their credit cards. Thank goodness they didnt approve me so I didnt get hooked up with these sheisters and liars.....

Comments

15th of Jan, 2008

You stupid person. There is a phone number 1-800-669-6550 why dont you try researching before you go and post showing your ignorance. If they couldn't verify who you were it was probably a typographical error by the 6.00 an hour cashier who was filling out the application. You are unbelieveable! If GE doesn't get the information correctly from the store, they can't process your information. GE doesn't want your business anyway. They're a billion ( Thats right! ) BILLON dollar company. Quityer[censored]en

15th of Apr, 2008

Money was taken out of my account, without my permision, now I want that money back, my refund because nobody allow them such of thing.

15th of Apr, 2008

How many comments i need send to get money something that belons to me.

15th of Apr, 2008

Recently money was taken from my account $31.98 I just want that money refundable, there was no authorization for this action.

• Ro
      29th of Jul, 2010

Yes agreed Ge Money demonstates unethical and ruthless business practice

The evidence speaks for itself

Check out this site for detailed info on GE Money's track record

ASIC acts on GE Money’s insurance and debt collection practices

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

ASIC helps Australian consumers understand new credit laws

The more consumers that can access reliable information in a timely manner to better

Consumers should be able to research finance companies first before making a decision to apply for a finance product.

If consumers can see that GE Money products have distinct disadvantages, that the customer service is poor, the interest rates higher, and the debt collection process is very aggressive and damaging for the consumer it is more likely that consumers will not take up GE Money products.

Loss of business for GE Money and lower profits will really make an impact against GE Money

Hit GE Money financially and make a difference