GE Money Bank / PAYOFF

I have a Walmart credit card that is owned by GE MONEY BANK.It had a $300 limit. Needless to say we got behind on it about 2 yrs. ago. Well the bill got up to over $600 in late fees and finance charges and everything else they charge. GE put it into a special collections unit where we pay $20 a month. It is now down to $511.54. I was able to get $4oo scrapped together and thought I could negotiate a payoff. I was wrong. I called today 02-10-2010 and spoke with 2 different people before I asked for the Supervisor Mr.Daniel McNeel.He told me that my account wasn't 2months behind and NO he would not accept taking $400 to settle the $511.54 account. I said it would take 2.5 yrs. to pay it off at $20 a month so why not accept the $400? He promptly `said No again and hung up on me. I hope GE MONEY BANK PEOPLE READ THIS BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE ONLY WEBSITE I HAVE REPORTED THIS ON. It is amazing the credit card places want these things paid off but they wont accept your payment. Oh and Mr.Daniel Mcneel you are a very rude person.

Tj

Comments

• Ge
      26th of Oct, 2009

I WAS GIVEN A PAYOFF AMOUNT TO CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT WHICH I PAID. I WAS TOLD THAT IF I GOT IT IN THE MAIL THAT DAY THAT THE AMOUNT QUOTED WOULD BE CORRECT. I WAS BEING CHARGE 30% APR!!! ANYWAY I PAID THE $6540 ON THAT DAY BUT SOON RECEIVED ANOTHER BILL FOR $167 MORE!!! I HAVE NO INTENTION OF LETTING THEM IN MY POCKET AGAIN. PLEASE HELP.

• Di
      13th of Jun, 2010

I too paid off an agreed amount with them and still had extra funds to pay. I still have not received my title for payoff either and I am about to have my lawyer send a letter to the Federal Trade Commission and BBB. They have exceeded the limit in the State of TN which they must abide by since this is where I commissioned the card. I have a lawyer in New York and is headed to the courthouse on Tuesday. Good luck with you!!

• Da
      3rd of Jul, 2010

GE MOney Bank is a fraud, They cashed a settlement check a year ago, months later it came up on my credit report as closed account but with a balance. 2/10 I had my attorney write them a letter asking them to clear the balance and then by April one of their reps, Ms. Jaime Brown wrote me a letter saying " they were not accepting the settlement as I did not send the settlement to the correct address" I did not mail the settlement to the payment address but to an address that someone would have had to look at the settlement, their was 2 address at the top of the billing statement. GE MOney bank /Old Navy has added fees to this account all year. Then I did respond to the letter from Ms. Brown letting them know I would not be making any payments as my settlement was very legal under the "accord & satifaction law".
    Now GE money is claiming that they have been mailing me bills all year when in fact I never got any bills from Them until June 2010 when they mailed one. Now they say my account was market as BK so again they never mailed any bill. They say one thing and another to try and cover their butts so to speak. GE money called my husband who is not on the account at the end of May 2010 and told him all the details of this account and said I had not paid. That is Illegal as he is not a party to the account. Then June I got a bill that I mailed back market no payment due to settlement. I filed a compalint with BBB of Ohio and now we are at odds no end in sight. GE money has reps respond after the 3rd notice from BBB and leave phone numbers for me to contact them when called no one by that name is their. I spent a day calling getting no were. I looked up the complaint board to find many, many conplaints against GE money back. Beware of this company and their fees. I now have wrote a letter to the head of GE money bank and we will see what happens next. The head if Gerard Ryan.