GE Money Bank / Credit card slamming!
Received a letter in the mail from Lowes stating that my account had been upgraded and that I would be receiving a new Lowes Platinum VISA in a weeks and it would be replacing my old Lowes Preferred Consumer Credit Card. It also stated that I didn't have to do anything, just call the 800 # on the card to verify that I had received my new Lowes Platinum Card and the balance would be transferred from the old card to the new VISA. It stated that the VISA was better that the Lowes Consumer Card, because I could now use it anywhere. WRONG!!
My wife went to Lowes (as normal) to make a payment and guess what. Lowes can't take payments on the Lowes VISA. I called the company and talked with the local Lowes Credit manager and she said that she had seen a few of these and it was causing problems (no kidding). I called Lowes VISA customer service and she stated that I could go on line and make a payment (which was now 2 days late, because we couldn't make a payment at Lowes). There was a $25.00 late fee already on the bill. I made a 500.00 payment and took the bill back to Lowes and again talked with the local Credit Manager. She called the Lowes Home Office Credit manager and told her what was going on. She recommended that we open a new Lowes Consumer Account and that they would transfer the VISA balance back to the Lowes Consumer Card (wrong!) that didn't happen.
I get a phone call a few days later from the Lowe's VISA collection department saying that I was late on a payment for the balance (that did not get transferred). I blew up. I went back to Lowes and again talked with the credit manager, all she could do was apologize for the trouble. Lowes VISA told her that they would straighten out the credits and it would not affect my credit report.
I was so mad I sold all my Lowes stock. I have another Commercial Account with them and I will be closing that one too. How about a "Class Action Suit" against GE Money Bank for deceptive business practices?? I'm not the only one this happened to. Nationwide there are thousands.
More GE Money Bank Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] GE Money Bank - Cheating customers! 
- GE Money Bank-Yamaha Installment Financing - Unauthorized ACH Transaction, fraud, vioalation of fair credit reporting act 
- Ge Money Bank / Care Credit - Cheating, lying swindlers! 
- Ge Money Bank / Amazon.com - amazon.com store card denial 
- Ge Money Bank (Lowe's Consumer Credit Card) - Non Compliant toward request 
- GE Money GE Homelending Cerberus Ltd T/A MyMoneyBank - house renovation loan - in france
- GE Money Bank - Care Credit
- GE Capital bank money finance - the stole 3,500 dollars from me 
- Ge Care Credit - overcharged interest 
- GE MONEY - credit rating