GE Microwave profile / microwave shakes and makes loud noise

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I purchased all Ge profile appliances for my new home in November 30, 2007. The dryer started immediately to make a loud grinding noise. The service man came out three times and the third time he replaced the tub.. lets see if the noise goes away. I also have the above the over profile microwave that shakes and makes a loud noise.. the repair man came out three times and eventually replaced the fan.. the noise still continues... he said that after three times GE would replace the microwave.. I called the [protected] number and got a person who said that they can send out another repair person.. I told the rude woman Latasha that the repair person told me he could not fix the problem so what else would someone coming out do? She said that GE is obligated to repair not replace the product.. I told her I would send the product back but she said that they will not accept it back.. she then said there was nothing else they can do. The microwave continues to vibrate and make a loud noise and I have no recourse as a consumer? She asked me where I purchased the appliance, which was direct buy and direct buy wont do anything either.. what is a consumer to do? I purchased the appliances via amex credit card so maybe there is some hope there..I will never purchase another ge product again as this is the worst customer service ever.. they employ some rude reps!

Comments

Ol
  3rd of Sep, 2009

My GE profile appliances were installed in Nov 07 and thus are the same age as those that Anna owns. Alas, it is September 2009, and every one of the problems Anna mentions are coming true. the microwave doesn't vent adequately, the stainless steel dishwasher has rust spots and doesn;t clean the dishes, the front loading washer smells no matter what I do to prevent/correct this, the dryer rattles and takes forever to dry, the range top burners are hard to adjust, the oven door has a huge leak in the seal on the door but it will cost me almost as much getting it fixed as to buy an entire new appliance. GE goofed big time on all these appliances. The warranty programs are a joke. I'll never buy GE again. It's too bad that I let my builder choose the appliances for me.

This means, anyone who wants to sell you a used GE Profile appliance manufactured in 2006/07 is selling it because it's a dud, so stay away.

In
  13th of Nov, 2009

We have problems with our EXPENSIVE GE Profile appliances as well, and a new Profile refrig we bought recently sucked SO BAD, and their support sucked SO BAD that I finally got LOWES to take it back for credit on a SAMSUNG. So, instead of made in mexico, we'll take made in china... oh well...

Fr
  23rd of Jul, 2010

We had the same experience with our GE applicances. We bought all new appliances in 2005. Profile refrigerator, washer and dryer, dishwasher and microwave. Everything has since been replaced with NON-GE products accept the refrigerator and microwave. We purchased everything through Home Depot. After a couple of expensive repairs to the refrigerator, we purchased a master service agreement through Sears. One of the smartest things we have done. The refrigerator has broken down numerous times since we obtained the agreement so we have saved a lot of money. The microwave is now making a clicking/rattling noise which sounds like the fan. Also, the microwave handle broke (I Gorilla glued it as a fix). GE makes junk and we will never ever buy another GE product.