GE GEMB / Charged late fees after ballance paid

VA, United States
On june 3rd, I paid my ballance of $ 506.62 in full. The person on the phone said since your ballance is paid in full the late fee would be waived. I expected the next bill to have a zero ballance. Not so much. I had a late fee of $39.00. Not to fight it, ( I am trying to rebuild my credit) I paid it on 3 July. I have all the electronic statements showing the payments. After my wife spoke with someone, they said everything was taken care of and your next bill will have a zero ballance. Today, (14 Aug) I have a bill with a ballance of $61.00. I have not used this card and it has late fees. I guess the first late fee was for the $39.00 and another late fee for not paying it off. The card is for Midas but they have no part in this. It is through GE Money. Oh, since I was late...my new interest rate is 47.197%. They are a nice company. I am closing my account and trying to fight this. I may just have to suck it up and pay the $61.00. It is not worth screwing up my credit for $61.00. Beware of GE Money...