GE/funancing finance comp / approval process and customer service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

WE APPLIED FOR A LOAN FOR A MOTORCYCLE FOR MY HUSBAND TO USE TO SAVE GAS. GE MONEY PUT US THROUGH THE WRINGER. THEY SPOKE TO EACH OF US SEPARATLEY. THEY INTERROGATED US AS IF WE ALREADY DEADBEATS. ASKING US WHERE WE LIVED 10 OR 15 YEARS AGO. MOST OF WHAT THEY ASKED US WE DID NOT REMEMBER BECAUSE IT WAS SO LONG AGO. THEY WERE SO RUDE ON THE PHONE. THIS IS MY FIRST COMPLAINT. THE SECOND IS THAT THERE IS NO GRACE PERIOD. I AM A FINANCIAL SECRETARY AND WE HAVE A 1O DAY GRACE PERIOD. MY DUE DATE FELL ON SUNDAY. I PD ON MONDAY AND THEY CHARGED ME A LATE FEE OF $39 AND 68.68 FINANCE CHARGE. SINCE THE DUE DATE FELL ON A NON-BUSINESS DAY I CALLED GE AND INSISTED
THEY REMOVE THE LATE FEE. THEY DID BUT ONLY BECAUSE THIS IS A NEW YEAR AND THEY ONLY ALLOW 1 LATE FEE REMOVAL A YR. THEY SAID THEY
DO NOT HAVE GRACE PERIODS. AND WHILE I WAS ON
THE PHONE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TRIED TO SELL ME SOMETHING ELSE. ANY WAY I TOOK OUT OF
MY RETIREMENT FUND THE BALANCE NEEDED TO PAY THIS ACCOUNT OFF JUST SO I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY WHO LACKS TERRIBLY AT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I'M SURE THEY HAVE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT PAY THEIR BILL. WE WEREN'T ONE
OF THEM. I, M SURE THEY HAVE PEOPLE WHO FOR SOME REASON OR OTHER DON'T PAY THEIR BILL.
WE WERE NOT ONE THOSE PEOPLE. SO TREAT US NICER. THERE HAVE BEEN OTHER NEGATIVE INSTANCES WITH THEM AS WELL BUT THESE ARE THE MAIN ONES. MY ADVICE. IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET A LOAN OR CREDIT CARD MAKE SURE THE BANKER IS NOT GE MONEY.

Gl

Comments

• Da
      3rd of Oct, 2011

I had two loans one for $5, 000.00 and one 8, 000.00 The Loans were paid in good faith on time every month I was not even late one time and GE MONEY wouldn't extend me not even $500.00 credit for a set of tires after my loans Paid off. Also I had a Paypal credit card with GE MONEY BANK and after making my payments on time every month for a year GE MONEY wouldn't extend my credit line even $300.00 Dollars.

• Tt
      7th of Nov, 2011

My husband was recently approved for Walmart account after having a Amazon.com account. Didn't realize that JC Penney also financed by these people. Because they said my husband sounded like a female, they said they didn't believe it was him and closed all 3 accounts. Payments were made on time and directly from his account at a police credit union bearing his name (easily traced) he happens to be a detective. Also, all purchases made on line were delivered to our address listed on credit report and easily verifiable by post office as to who receives mail at this address. However they did not have a problem when payments were being made. Don't ever get anything from these people. They are crooks.