GE Front Load Washing Machine / Leaking Water

1 Louisville ky, United States

I purchased for a second home a beautiful GE front load machine washer and electric dryer. Models GFWR4800FWW and GFDR480EFWW. The dryer there are no issues with. The front load washer requires draining thru a small compartment near the bottom right. I did not know that at the time I bought the machine. My old front load Maytag never had to be drained nor does my friends LG have to be drained. This requires the front compartment door to be taken off then pretty much get on your stomach on the floor to pull down a flap and unscrew a tube to pull out to drain water. With the pull down flap, the water goes in the crack of the flap and drains along the whole bottom of the machine and onto the floor. GE sent a rep out who would not even let me try t open this water tube as he saw the problem. GE would not listen to him. I filed a complaint with the BBB and got a call from a GE executive who hung up on me and said he wasn't re designing the machine for me. That was not my concern, I want to save my wood floor and wanted help. He refused. I tried talking to GE via Facebook on this issue and they blocked me from posting questions. GE appliances are not what they use to be when I was a kid and my parents always bought them. Still don't know what to do with my machine. They suggested I buy this ugly rubber plastic mat they sell to set on my lovely wood floor to collect the drain water from the machine. This way it saves my floor but the machine sits in water then.

Su