GE Front Load Washing Machine / GE Will Not Help

1 Louisville, KYLouisville, United States

I purchased for a second home a expensive GE front load washer and electric dryer. Washer model FGWR4800FWW, dryer model GFDR480EFWW. The dryer has no issues. The front load washer requires draining, how often I do not know since their rep from their executive department hung up on me. After washing two loads of clothes, I took off a small plate on the front lower part of the machine. A chute folds down and there is a handle to unscrew and water will flow out. Because the chute folds down, the water goes behind the chute, all over the bottom of the machine and floods my floor. GE sent a rep out who did not want me to let the water out to show him what it does but said he'd talk to GE as they have an issue with this machine. GE would not listen to the service man and told me they will not help me. Told me they won't redesign the machine for me and their executive hung up on me. That was only after I filed a complaint thru the BBB. I am asking them for help to save my wood floor. I love the looks of the machine but do not like moping up my whole floor and having to move everything around the washer where there is now standing water. GE is of no help. When I questioned this even on Facebook, they blocked me. If anyone else has issues with this leaking let me know. I have an older Maytag machine at my main home (the GE is at a second home) and the Maytag I have never had to drain and it is front loading. My neighbor has an LG and he never heard of draining it. Please GE, come see what this does and help me save my floors!

Su