GE front load washer / ripped door gasket

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have a GE front load washer model # GBVH5140HWW that I purchased 3.5 years ago. I have had to replace the rubber ring around the door 3 times and now it has a rip again. I have had nothing but problems with this washer and would not recommend anyone buy any product from GE. When will enough be enough. I have a family of 8 and need a reliable washer, but this thing is junk.

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2010

There's nothing like my good old top load GE washer ; That's over 20 years old & that i have had for the past 12 years and it's still washing clothes just fine.
    Sorry your having so many problems with your machine, One other thing that you should know ; In about 2 years some companies will no longer make top load washer.

• Wa
      15th of Dec, 2010

Same thing here - I think it's designed to rip since it's a$150 part for an $800 machine

• Ga
      17th of Mar, 2011

The same thing just happened to my washer and its not even 2 years old!!! Cost me alot of time and money!!! Is there anything we can do about this problem. Seems to be happening to alot of people. Some even several times.

• Mi
      25th of Mar, 2011

The best thing to do is; before you buy a machine is to check out all the reviews that you can, research then research again. unfortunately a lot of companies lack integrity and just want to keep their hands in our pockets.