GE Credit Card / Fraud

1 Hesperia, CA, United States Review updated:

I bought some flooring at Cheap Carpet in Hesperia and I put some of the balance on a credit account and was told that I had one year of no payments and interest to pay off. The credit account was through GE. One month later I recieved a bill but I didnt think anything of it because I thought I didnt have to make a payment. Then I started getting harrassing phone calls. I explained my situation but the company didnt seem to care. They continued to harrass me after I contacted Cheap Carpet and they confirmed the offer and said that it would be taken care of.

Comments

• Le
      16th of Jun, 2009
    GE Credit Card - Changed billing cycle to 23days and due date
    GE Credit card
    Connecticut

I got my statement in the mail I had been charged a late fee and my due date had been changed. Also, my interest rate was increased to 29%. When I called to talk to someone I was put on hold for 20 minutes and then the lady I talked to hung up on me when I complained.

• Cl
      16th of Jun, 2009

I hea about this types of credit card abuses all the time. You might fins some help by reviewing the class actions currently under investigation by law firms relating to credit cards. Good Luck.