GE Consumer & Industrial Warranty Managment / extended service plan thru HHgregg

5707 Painted Fern CourtCharlotte, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 704-818-7371
I purchased a $1000 whirlpool washer 16 months ago and also purchased a 5 yr extended service plan through GE. A month ago the machine died and I have been given the run around for the whole month. They tell me they will send repairment but don't. They tell me they will ship the parts to me and do not. They tell me that they will send the part by second day air and do not. I guess they figure that I will eventually give up and go away. But they are very wrong.

Comments

Ki
  14th of Jan, 2009
I agree and i am going throught THE EXACT SAME SITUATION. What or have you received resolution? I bought an LG Washing machine for about $1500 + from HHGREGG in Atlanta, (along with 15k of other major appliances) and also purchased the extended 5 yr warranty through GE. The washer broke, they did send a repairman, who said it is an LG warranty issue and I need a new motor and they must obtain the part from LG. Well, LG didnt have the part, how can that be? I have no idea. No-one calls you back, I have sent emails to HH Gregg, LG and GE warranty and to all of the CEO's. Apparently GE then has the chance to locate a part, if they do not, which they have not in my case, they have to replace the unit. BUT, here is the catch, with a GE brand, NOT what you have (in my case LG) and it is not comparible. I then asked what happens if the replacement breaks (as I know another couple in thsi situation and that is what happened to them) well, if the replacement breaks, all aprties have fulfilled their obligations. UNBELIEVABLE. I feel ripped off and their business is deceitful. Basically I find as a consumer i am SOL. and no-one cares, i have written all consumer websites and to thecorporate headquarters of all three companies. HH GRegg is notorious for deceiptful business practices and not telling the entore story. I still do not have a washing machien and it's 3 weeks later. I would like to know what happened in your situation.
Kim, Atlanta
Ge
  26th of May, 2009
DO NOT BUY GE ANYTHING, THEY ARE RIPOFFS. THEY HAVE NO ONE YOU CAN TALK TO EXCEPT FOOLS WHO REFUSE TO GIVE A PHONE NUMBER FOR THE VERY ISOLATED AND INSULATED CEO OR SUPERVISOR OF ANY KIND.
Be
  28th of May, 2009
Unfortunately the store warranties can become quite a rip off. I have experienced this through my warranty with Circuit city. I have done a lot of investigating and, In my case, GE Cons. Ind. handles the warranty claims for other "Underwriters". AON/The Warranty Group was the actual underwriter on my warranty and they paid GE Cons. to handle the calls. GE played their part in causing me headaches and refusing to honor the terms of my warranty before they were taken completely out of the picture and AON/The Warranty Group took over their own claims. I will be taking The Warranty Group to court for violating the terms. These warranty companies must gamble on the fact that you will get tired of fighting with them and just go away. I will not just go away! I would stay away from the warranties offered by the stores. If you want an extended warranty, I would go with the actual manufacturers extended warranty. The manufacturers warranty may be a bit more expensive. But, their name is on the line for the warranty.