GE Consumer Finance / unexplained credit report

1 P.O Box 981127 El Paso,Texas, El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-685-1111/888-397-3742

April 29, 2010
I'm looking for reason as to why I've received notice about my credit report when not applied for anything. All I get is the go around, no answers.

Comments

• Cn
      1st of Mar, 2008
    GE Consumer Finance - Fraud
    GE Consumer Finance
    Texas

These people have disappeared off the face of the earth. There is no link on paypal at all, and google can not find a web page. How can I manage my account? Plz advise smb!

• Os
      15th of Jan, 2009
    GE Consumer Finance - Fraud
    GE Consumer FInance

I went to the Maytag store to purchase a washer and dryer. I applied for the GE card. To my surprise the denied me. I have no dept and a credit score of over 720. I was shocked. With todays economy and everything going on, who are they loaning the money too? Not me but all in all I am Thank full after listening to all the issues that surround GE. I should have looked here first. I hope they dry up and go out of business. They said they denied me because accounts were to old? Never heard that one before.. Good luck GE, I hope your asking the goverment for money next!!!

2nd of May, 2010

I also received a denial notice fro m GE money bank but I DIDNOT apply for anything. How is this possible!

• Me
      18th of Aug, 2010

This same thing just happened to me. Did you ever find out why?

• Ad
      13th of Sep, 2010

I'm worried because i just got a report sayin i applied for a credit card account, n i never even heard of GE before i received the letter, what is going on??

• Ge
      15th of Oct, 2010

We got a letter of rejection, thank God, for a credit account with GEMB... no phone number to call listed on the letter. We never opened a credit line with them. We are disgusted by this company just by reading the countless issues posted on the internet.

Here's what we think might have happened: we are selling our home and decided to make it more energy efficient to attract more buyers. We opened a line of credit with Wells Fargo to pay for the energy wrap in our attic directly through the company that did the work. Around the same time we had to submitt our credit history to the mortgage company on the home we are having built. We have "excellent" scores. We pre-qualified for the home loan and everything. We believe that GE consumer finance is a "fisher" of people who open new lines or choose to have their credit run for whatever reason. They "fish" social security numbers and other personal info. from the big creditors and then open lines of credit. How else could this have happened??? We are very aware of what we open, who we give our S.S#'s to and what we buy!

18th of Nov, 2010

11/17/2010 Same thing here. Received a letter from GE Consumer Finance stating I was declined. I tried to get a phone number to call...good luck with that one. I never applied for this card or any card for over a year. At first I thought it may be someone trying to steal my identity, that is until I saw this and several other websites that have the same complaints. I am going to call the BBB and the Consumer Credit Fraud Dept tomorrow to file a complaint and I'm going to reference this and the websites that show numerous complaints.

18th of Jan, 2011

I also received an e-mail alert on my credit information. the alert hinted that an account was opened using my information through GECF. What i know is that I recently purchased a laptop at Wall mart, therefore opened an account with them. It seems something is not right because I did received several alerts since then. What could that be Can someone explain me please

18th of Jan, 2011

I also received Several alerts on my credit. The latest one alarmed me though because it states that my information was used at GECF for a new application. I recently bought a laptop at Wall-mart where I opened a new account through GEMB. Now I am wondering who is this using my information at GECF?

• Ju
      10th of Aug, 2011

he recibido una carta de ustedes y yo nunca he aplicado ni para tarjetas y mucho menos para prestamos que es esto????, necesito me escriban y me den una explicacion de esto porque no se si se trata de robo de identidad, muchas gracias

• Ju
      11th of Aug, 2011

Good Afternoon,
    I received a letter from you in referent to credit.
    Can you let me know where the application was submitted ? Recently I did not apply for credit.

Appreciated if you get back to me, by email or phone.

Thanks