GE Appliances / refrigerator
We purchased a GE refrigerator from PC Richard & Sons 3 years ago. We did not buy an extended warrantee. The factory warrantee is only one year. The unit began making a very loud noise, keeping us awake at night. When I called GE repair service, they said they did not have anyone in our area and that we should check the yellow pages for the nearest authorized repair contractor. We did. A1 Appliance repair of Sparta, NJ made a service call, diagnosed the problem as worn bearings in the fan. After locating parts, A1 called and told us it would cost $500. to repair the refrigerator. We only paid approximately $650. to purchase the appliance. We feel GE should stand behind this product and facilitate a less expensive repair.
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- GE Appliances - incomplete website and ordering information