GE Appliances / profile harmony dryer stopped working!
I had a GE Proflie Harmony Gas Dryer which stopped drying after three years. When I called Sears which is where I bought it from to come out and look at the dryer they told me it would cost 700.00 to repair. The Dryer itself cost about 1,000.00. The parts for this dryer are very expensive. I almost had a heart attack. Well at that cost it made more sense to just purchase another dryer since they were on sale for about the same cost. I decided to email GE since I also have the washing machine that matches the dryer, and 7 other GE appliances that I purchased all on the same day, but they refused to answer my email.
When I finally got a chance to call them on the phone they bounced me around between four different people. One was more rude than the other. I told them I would like an explanation as to how these parts could die out in three years, and if they would give me some assistance with having to purchase the new dryer.
Well they could not answer any of my questions and offered to do nothing to help me with my situation. I am very disgusted with GE, and disgusted that a dryer which should last at least 15 years, only lasted 3.
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - refrigerator
- General Electric Company - dishwasher parts
- General Electric Company - ge electric dryer
- General Electric Company - electric stove top
- General Electric Company - horrible customer service with no product recieved