GE Appliances / profile harmony dryer stopped working!

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I had a GE Proflie Harmony Gas Dryer which stopped drying after three years. When I called Sears which is where I bought it from to come out and look at the dryer they told me it would cost 700.00 to repair. The Dryer itself cost about 1,000.00. The parts for this dryer are very expensive. I almost had a heart attack. Well at that cost it made more sense to just purchase another dryer since they were on sale for about the same cost. I decided to email GE since I also have the washing machine that matches the dryer, and 7 other GE appliances that I purchased all on the same day, but they refused to answer my email.
When I finally got a chance to call them on the phone they bounced me around between four different people. One was more rude than the other. I told them I would like an explanation as to how these parts could die out in three years, and if they would give me some assistance with having to purchase the new dryer.

Well they could not answer any of my questions and offered to do nothing to help me with my situation. I am very disgusted with GE, and disgusted that a dryer which should last at least 15 years, only lasted 3.

Comments

7th of Jul, 2008

I too have had my GE harmony for three years and one month the dryer stopped heating it would be approximately 400-500 to repair the blower motor. I have never heard after three years of a major part like that going out. Needless to say we purchased this dryer because we thought it would last. All of the appliances in my home are GE. I will never purchase from them again.