GE Appliancesge profile appliances

L Nov 18, 2017 Review updated:

I need your help General Electric,

I am ashamed to say I purchased an entire suite of GE Profile stainless steel kitchen appliances for my home a few years ago. Yes, it was a very expensive purchase tossing 1000's of dollars for each product your way, thinking I will get what I pay for so I decided to buy the best you have.

FYI,
I keep a meticulously clean home and I give every item in it the same care. I'm one that reads the manuals front to back before use. I clean under and behind all appliances, vacuum vents, keep moving parts oiled. I think you get the picture... So poor care is not the issue here - so this does not fall under normal wear and tear - this is poor and faulty quality

1ST APPLIANCE FAILURE
Almost immediately I began having problems with the Profile refrigerator with ice maker in door and bottom freezer. The ice constantly has a white covering and is horrible tasting like its freezer burnt. I had to be home several times a month for 8 months straight to take these service calls. They replaced the ice tray (really... come on) and the circuit board (are you kidding me...) It was truly insulting the lines I was given as to what was wrong - they thought I was so naïve to believe this would fix this problem. You and I both know its novice engineering. So after 8 months the first refrigerator was replaced and as you know and yes I continued to have the same problems. I gave up as I cant stay home for over a year to do service calls on an appliance - I began to feel this is actually the goal to beat the customer and bog them down with the all the service calls and scheduling time and time off work that you have to give up.

2ND APPLIANCE FAILURE
With this first issue still not solved just a year later my GE Profile microwave with built in exhaust fan just quits working in the middle of a warm up of some food. I said no way I'm not repairing this junk any more, so yes only a year after purchasing it a nearly new microwave just hangs on the wall now for 4 years, unable to use.

3RD APPLIANCE FAILURE
Now the range with gas top and duel convection oven has been flashing locked and sometimes displays the error F9 and the oven shuts down. This very expensive range has always sounded like a clanking cheap Chinese product that you would have paid $1.99 for with a embarrassing and very annoying clanking every time you turned it on. Its down right embarrassing how much money these appliances cost and to have to deal with all these problems.

To say the very least - I am ashamed I trusted and invested money in the GE Brand. I am very disappointed in the constant problems failures, breakdowns, the expensive service calls calls and the out of control cost, I now really regret giving GE my money and my trust. I feel I have been taken advantage of and my money feels as if it has been stolen.

I truly expect at the very least for GE to step up and stand behind their products and have them repaired without another single cent from my pocket. But the truly right thing to do would be to replace or refund the full amount of money I wasted on such horrible quality _ I would be ashamed if I had sold a client a serve or product and this is what they got and thought of me.

I have gone through enough with the first failed and replaced refrigerator that still has the exact same problem. Now I have 2 addition GE Profile kitchen appliances with failures I'm dealing with.

Yes, I am disappointed in GE and I am... very ashamed I was fooled into spending this much money on GE products to only experience such failure such as this... I really need your help as I have lost faith in GE. I would only expect this extent of problems from a financially failing company.

dual oven range:
model p2s975sep2ss
refrigerator:
model pfss6pkxss
microwave
pvm1870sm3ss

Comments

• S
      Nov 18, 2017

I am so sorry to hear of you experiences with the G.E. brand of appliances. It doesn't take much research, even if just from this site, to see there aren't complaints connected to every brand on the market. Unfortunately it's a misnomer that good appliances can't break; they can and do.

G.E. has a very open policy of replacing what might be referred to as a "lemon" product that 1) has been determined to not function as intended and 2) been serviced more than three times, for this same problem, within a twelve month period.

In order to keep their prices competitive, G.E. provides an industry standard twelve month warranty with Profile merchandise. You'll find the the same ad most competitors. Some people wish to have longer warranty coverage than this, in which both G.E. and most local retailers offer extended service guarantees. If this was something important to you, you may want to check with the company you purchased the appliances through.

If you chose to accept the manufacture's warranty, you can still obtain service on these units; just contact any local authorized G.E. service center.