GE Appliance / Labor cost!

1 North side, IL, United States Review updated:

I am very frustrated by the way GE Electric labor policy/cost works. My GE microwave was not working. I called the number that was supplied and was told that a serviceman would be out in two days. I was told the service call/diagnostic test would cost $74.99. When I asked about labor cost, I was told that labor depended on the job. OK, sounds good. My window was from 1-5 pm. The serviceman arrived at 6:45 pm. ALMOST TWO HOURS LATE & COULD HAVE CARED LESS. He proceeded to tell me that the door hinge needed to be replaced {still not sure if that was really the problem} - After only 10 minutes from start to finish, my labor cost was $90.00. My bill was OVER $190.00 including the service call and $17.00 part. It just didn't seem right, but I had no choice in the matter. They already had me paying $74.99 to diagnose the problem and I need my microwave to work. They could have charged any cost for labor and due to the fact that the microwave needed to be fixed, I would have paid it. It just doesn't seem right. They should charge by the work and time. Changing a door hinge does not justify $90.00 in anyone's book.

More GE Appliance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cf
      17th of Jun, 2013

Thanks for posting to the internet.

I, too, wanted to know the labor cost but was stymied by the policy. They say they charge by the job, I already have the part, so I needed to know the job charge--no one but the tech knows the job pricing. So, yes, GE can charge anything.

At least with your post, I have some idea of what they charge for a 10 minute job!

• Li
      1st of Aug, 2016
    GE Appliance - The worse company to deal with
    GE Appliance

We were unfortunate enough to have the experience with GE. It is unbelievable that this company is still as big as it is-it has the worse customer service and the worse technicians!!! We have this dishwasher that is not working and has not been working since the day we got it; techs came out, ordered wrong parts, came back again, ordered more wrong parts, then a manager in customer relations approved for us to get a new dishwasher, so another tech came out and said that the new one was diffected...lol and that he needed to order us a new one again! on top of that, that idiot disconnected all plumbing and forgot to put it back the way it is supposed to be, so my entire kitchen was coverd with water...it is a never ending story. it's been almost four months, and we still don't have a working dishwasher, although we fully paid for it! The worse company to deal with. Be smart and go with another brand!!!