Ge Adora Clothes Dryer / motor died

General Electric
8 Jordan Way
Monmouth Junction
Phone: 732-329-3931
We purchased a new GE Adora clothes dryer in 2006 DHDSR48EF2WW. The felt fell out of it 3 months ago and we had to repalce due to noise and odor, the vent area rusted and last week the motor went--repair cost more than originalcost of appliance.
I had to pay $99.00 to repair to tell me that I needed a new applaince--one that should last minimum of 10 years in a four person adult household.

I will neve purchase a GE appliance again. I will have to replace my kitchen appliances and will spend severl thousand dollars but not on GE.

The repair call could at least have been free for such a rediculoaus break down.

A  1st of Aug, 2013 by
I have a GE dryer and it required repair not long after purchase. Luckily, I had a warranty. Two days ago, it stopped working again. This machine is less than 4 years old. I expect it to last longer before it starts breaking down. My old reliable lasted 10 years. I would not recommend GE, or Fridgeadair (My Frideadair washer and dryer lasted 2 years then the motherboards went out).

They don't make things like they used to is an understatement. Any recommendations on long lasting appliances in 2013? I'm tired of replacing these things!!!
N  27th of Aug, 2013 by
Hello, this is Donna with GE. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with your GE dryer. We would like to help. So that we can work with you directly, can you email us your contact information and details at eResponse@ge.com please? Thank you.

Home Depot Logo Home Depot