GC Services / False information

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I am an attorney who has handled more than a hundred cases referred from traffic courts to the collection agency GC Services. Although you may find GC Services people behind thick glass at the courthouse, they are not court employees, and do not have legal training. If you have an old citation that was referred to GC Services and they are telling you that you have no option but to pay their fee, that you cannot go to court on your citation, or that you have to write to the judge to get a court date - they may not be telling you the truth. Beware of GC services harassment even after you resolve a case in court and pay the fine. They have continued to harass some of my clients well after cases were completely over, saying "it's your burden to prove you paid" - which is complete crap. If you have a similar story, send it to editor@trafficcourtpros.com and we may publish on our TrafficCourtBlog.com

Comments

28th of May, 2008

• Nj
      13th of Mar, 2009

I have also had to deal with this company. They ended up taking my tax return. When I called to confront them about this they told me I would have to deal with it and get over it. The woman I spoke with was also extremely rude and when I tried to explain to her that them taking my tax return would cause a great hardship on me and my family she turned everything around and made the conversation about her and how hard her life has been. I spoke with two other representatives from this company and they tried to tell me the same thing. Then I decided to call the US Dept. of Education which is where the loan was originally through and they told me that there were forms that I could fill out called injured spouse forms to try to get most if not all of my money back. I think the people at GC Services really need to get their acts together and get all the information before telling people that there is nothing that can be done.

• Sx
      25th of Mar, 2009

First off when working for a collections company, the keyword is Collections. That is the job. When working for them the job is trying to get the money and especially with school loans they can take your tax return and the company does not care if it causes a hardship. I mean obviously if you have school loans you know it is a loan and it has to be paid back, if its not paid then obviously it goes to collections which is what the people at GC Services do. If you are considered in third party collections that means it is soooo far past due they are not polite and they dont have to be. All they are tryin to do is collect the money that you owe. So it is not the people at GC that need get their acts together, it is called their job. Bottom line is if you don't pay something you owe, it goes to collections.

• Fe
      7th of May, 2009

I have been receiving similar letters as well as harrassing voice messages regarding an apparent fine which I am accused of not paying. What alarms me most about what is going on here is that someone receives a contract to collect for our State and County courts (or our illegal system) and they absolutely extort every single one of us out of our hard earned money. Is anyone other than me absolutely fed up with the corruption and fraud that has run out of control in this country. GS services claimed that I did not pay the full amount of my fine by $35.00. My fine was $381.00 without traffic school and $436.00 with traffic school, this amount does not include the actual cost of the traffic school either. None the less, the judge in my case gave me the option to take traffic school or not. Mind you this case was a photo citation which had me running a red light which was more light a half yellow half red in my book. So $381.00 for running a yellow. that in itself should have us all up in arms. But no, I paid the damn fine without doing the traffic school as I refuse to pay another dime to some business that sprouted up out of pork. I apologize for digressing but miss me with this crap! So I call the Van Nuys Inferior court house wait on hold for 79 callers to get through the same crap I am waiting to get through myself and AHHHHHHHHH, I get a court clerk or represtative. She runs my Ca. drivers licence and says you don't owe any more money as you paid your fine in full. I said tell that to the GS extortionists who call me daily and send letters stating I am going to lose my license and who have tacked $300.00 extra dollars to a false claim stating I was short $35.00 and I am being taught a financial lesson. She says disregard them just send them a letter as she gave me a receipt number which apparently is the only language GS services will understand. I am like, why don't you call them as it was your error not mine anyway. She says No, it is there error so you call and even if it was our error, you would still call.

This is not the America my parents told me about growing up, this is nothing like it at all!

• Je
      12th of Apr, 2010

I actually work for a GC Services. I collect on companies that owe their AT&T long Distance bills. We are not allowed to be anything other than polite to anyone we call. where are the GC services people located that are harassing people? I would like to know so i can advise my manager of this.