GC Services / get back at them

All of gc services offices are listed online.i found them under an attorneys website...i dont have the url, but easy to find.
Under the assumption that the ones harrasing me are in the office geographically closest, i did a white page search of tanya hudson, the arch swine from my previous mail, and lo and behold up pops her address and home phone. Along with the names, addresses and numbers of her known relatives. It was easy to determine who her parents are...i will be giving them a call later ...just like they called mine.
This was all very simple, free, and took me 5 minutes.
I will be calling them, tit for tat, every single time they call me or my relatives or neighbors.
If everybody who is harrassed by this company did the same, they may learn some matters.
Good luck!

Pa

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Jun, 2007
    GC Services - Multiple unsolicited phone calls!

I have received 13 calls from GC Services asking for a name close to mine, living in a different city, 40 years younger than me. The bill is from a company I've never purchased a product. I've spoken to 'supervisors' who said they would take my name off their list, but I'm still receiving calls. I called the company that I'm suppose to have purchased product and they said there is a person in that city with a name similar to mine. I checked whitepages.com and she has an unlisted number. How do I get this to stop???

Advise smb!

26th of Jul, 2007

Get a lawyer and Sue the b**s!

• Gc
      26th of Jul, 2007

Here is how you do it:

1.call gc services.
    2.have them search by yourphone #.
    3.ask them if your # is in the "18 screen" or another field.
    4. ask them "could you kindly type an "X" over my phone # and press enter until you are back to the main screen.
    5. RESULT: "the employee is so taken back by your inside knowledge they remove your # thinking your a fellow bill collector.

Post a reply when it works

Thanks,
    Phone Slave 1.

• Un
      27th of Jul, 2007

Wouldn't work. If you are or were a bill collector you should know that once the account comes up after searching by phone number the collector is naturally going to ask who you are. And if you are not the person they are looking for, not always, but most of the time they will remove the number without you explaining how to do it. The only time these numbers are not removed are when there is a doubt about the validity of the claim of a wrong number. If everyone could just say wrong number and have their numbers removed, then collections wouldn't work now would they?

- GC Employee

• Ta
      24th of Aug, 2007

File a police report and sent it certified mail. They'll never bother you again.

• Ca
      18th of Sep, 2007

FIRST! Do not listen to anything John Smith says.

Two! If you find a way to make them stop harassing you post it online to help the rest of the people here.

I'm checking with the Attorney General tomorrow. It seems that most states have a special department that helps with these types of calls. If I have any luck I'll post it here.

• Cn
      10th of Oct, 2007

If we all pay our bills we won't have to worry about bill collectors calling!

• Cn
      10th of Oct, 2007

22nd of Oct, 2007
    GC Services - Rude, Obnoxious Employees

My boyfriend is in debt, and I've listened from the other side of the room to these debt collectors SCREAMING at him. I had to help him with a payment, and I spoke with Mr. Johansen, who was extremely rude and condescending and tried to refuse to pass me to his supervisor. When I complained of his attitude, he claimed that my attitude was worse. His supervisor, Mr. Andrade (I love that these useless peons make you refer to them as "Mr." or "Ms."), was equally rude and obnoxious. I asked him if these qualities were prerequisites to work at the company. He talked so fast I could barely understand him (he was not a native English speaker, either). Even though I was not the one with the debt, they treated me horribly, as if I was in the wrong somehow. I'm pretty sure you can't get anywhere by complaining to the company itself if it hires these types of people. If anyone has found a way, please let me know.

• Ad
      6th of Nov, 2007

But not all of us CAN pay our bill, and there's rules about how you can collect. The more I look the more it seems this company is a very bad one, when it comes to following the rules.

• Be
      19th of Dec, 2007

I used to work for GC, all you have to do is have your number put on a DNC (Do not call) screen, and they will not call you anymore.

• Sh
      13th of Feb, 2008

Send a Cease & Desist Letter to GC Services explaining the circumstances - make a copy for your records and mail the original via Certified Mail and Return Receipt Requested. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov.

Good luck,
    S.L.

• Va
      7th of May, 2008
    GC Services - They don't stop calling me
    GC Services

The jerks at GC services a collection agency are calling my house daily for someone who doesn't even live here! They even called my neighbour to bring me a note to have someone who used to live at this address call them. What a bunch of ###. I called them to get their address to write them and request they stop calling me, and they refused to give me a name or an address. I called to ask for a supervisor they refused to give me a name or transfer me. Losers! My next phone call is the to Fair Credit Collection Protection Agency. Get a life losers and check your facts before you call and keep bothering people!

• Va
      12th of May, 2008
    GC Services - They called 4 times on Mothers Day
    www.gcserv.com

These cockroaches called my home 4 times on Sunday/Mothers day. I tell them to stop calling, the person they are wanting no longer lives here and they tell me they will NOT stop the calls until they talk with this person. Between 7:30am and 8:45 PM they called and the first time I asked them to stop that the person is not here and they keep calling. One time some one that spoke little English.

What the *** is this country coming to?

I will find out where some of these losers live and what time they eat and go to bed so I can go bother them and invade their private lives.

Sad state of affairs when we have to create jobs for people like this.

Of course the food stamps only go so far.

• He
      30th of Oct, 2008

I work for GC sevrvices and let me start by saying that we only do what our clients ask us to do.I dont understand why people get upset when they owe a bill and then they get calls about it.If someone owed you thousands of dollars and avoided you and wouldnt pay you then would you not call them and try to get paid?Yes of course you would.If you went to work and they said they didnt have you pay and wouldnt even have the decency to tell you why would you just drop it and forget about the debt they owe you? Of course you wouldnt.And I also resent you saying im on welfare because I work for GC services.Just for the record My pay is about $4.00 more per hour than most jobs in my area.Its easy to make ussumptions when you have no idea what your talking about.so the next time you buy a car or get yourself in debt dont whine when you cant pay it and the company takes action to collect.If it was you who was owed the money too you would have a whole differnt attitude about it.

• Si
      12th of Mar, 2009
    GC Services - Rude Employees & Fraud

PLEASE BEWARE!!! I received a letter in the mail from the "collection agency" GC Services stating that I had an loan that was in default. I thought that this was strange because my loans are deferred until 2017 because I'm in grad school. They claim to represent Sallie Mae but Sallie Mae actually has an in-house collection agency. I spoke with the rudest people you will ever come into contact. They cursed, accused me of not paying my bills and were very offensive. What was worse was that I paid $2, 000 to them six months before because I was told that my loan had gone to collections. I didn't want this to reflect on my credit report because I'm trying to buy a house.

Tonight before I made any commitment to pay, I called Sallie Mae. Their in-house credit department told me verbatim "Ma'am...I'm looking right at your account. You are up to date and we didn't send anything to collections. We are not a third party collection agency, this is the collections department."

PLEASE DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY TO THESE PEOPLE UNTIL YOU CONTACT YOUR LENDER.

• Mb
      15th of Apr, 2009
    GC Services - Harrassment and Bullying Tactics
    San Diego
    California

These folks are the ugly worst. Same as I've read many times over on this site and too many others about their harassing tactics. These people have called my employer, berated them, called my mother, berated her and all for an overdue credit card payment that I had every intention of paying.

I ended up being routed to them when I was trying to make payment arrangements with my CC company - Citi. Since they received a large sum of bailout funds, they have tried to move all of their "bad" debts off their books as part of their restructuring. So after speaking with a "Mrs. Erika Kimble", she made threats after berating me for not paying my bills, threatened to ruin my credit rating and my mother's credit rating, and garnish my wages if I didn't pay the full amount due on my credit card in 2 days. I would have to come up with $2500 in 2 days. After explaining that I would gladly make payments but it would be impossible to pay that large a sum in the next 48 hours, she said she'd knock $1100 off that. $1, 400 and the debt would be settled. When I was asking still if payment arrangements could be made it was "I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, sir!!! I can take this offer away as quickly as I made it and go after your wages and report this to all your other outstanding loans and bills, have your car taken away and ruin your mother's credit rating." This is a horrible, horrible person, as I not once raised my voice to her in the way that she did to me and my employer and my mother.

I am thinking there is no recourse because my job would surely be in jeopardy if they continue to harass my employer, and whether they can do it or not, I don't want to risk them going after my family. So I will pay this. It hurts to say/type it.

BUT - after researching this company, i do not plan to let it end there. There are THOUSANDS of complaints about this company and their tactics and their law-breaking ways of retrieving funds. They are not afraid of lawsuits, and they are not afraid of attorneys...but I will certainly be contacting my Congressmen in NJ and the U.S. Attorney General's office. There are simply too many complaints out there and nothing being done.

I sincerely suggest anyone else who has gone through a similar experience with GC Services to contact their U.S. Congressman. Each has their own website and e-mail address.

• Lu
      25th of Jun, 2009
    GC Services - phone call and request to help them
    GC Services

GC Services called me and asked me if I lived in Tonawanda, NY and close to a certain street. They did not identify themselves at first. They said they were trying to contact a person and their phone had been disconnected. I told them how far away I lived from that street. They asked me if I would go there and leave a message for that person. I told them I was a senior citizen and couldn't walk that far. I asked who they were and they said GC Services. At first I thought maybe it was a relative and an emergency but no it was a debt collector!!! This is so wrong!!! This must be stopped... [protected]@roadrunner.com

29th of Jun, 2009

I happen to know someone who works at GC Services and know for a fact that your complaints are bogus. First of all GC doesn't get accounts until they are at least 90 days past due then they still offer to make arrangements or settlements with these irresponsible debtors. Let's not forget what this is really about...people not paying their bills. Be responsible pay your bills

• Bl
      18th of Jul, 2009
    GC Services - take the money and screw my credit
    Cingular=ATT
    California

First my case was sold to a collect agency called "South west" and then it end up in " GC Service" which Cingular wireless didnt even know. They only had record of "South West" but not "GC Service". Anyways, The point is that the money is PAID and GC Service never report to Credit Beauro. I never know it until recently, because I was trying to get mortgage to purchase a house, and end up that lender is making me pay the amount or else they are not going to close the escrow. I am gonna call in GC on monday and see what i can do. They sucks!!!