GB Investigate

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 by

private investigation

4.4
I contacted this lot based on their no success, no fee advert on google. I made an enquiry and received a few responses. When I asked about their no success, no fee services, I received the following form the owner "paul mitchel:"

To enquiries@gbinvestigate.com rachel nicholson 9 nov at 3:18 pm
We can not guarantee your partner is having an affair. We do not never have worked for you. Go away your nuts!

Paul marshal
Title
Company

I am disgusted by this response and have reported them to trading standards and the asa. Avoid avoid avoid!!!
Updated by Rachel.N, Nov 29, 2017
Mmm, looks like I wasn't the first or indeed the latest to get scammed by GB Investigate - interesting to see how they have now changed the name of their "business" to VM Investigate! I feel like such a fool for having anything to do with them in the first place but looks like I got of lightly compared to some of you. They really are a very nasty bunch and seemly well avoided. Keep the fight going people - these scammers and abusive people need to be stopped!!
Updated by Rachel.N, Dec 04, 2017
Im so glad that others have come forward to report vm investigate/gb investigate! They are a bunch of crooks clearly and it certainly looks as if the owner, graham has been on here using a few different names in order to try to make out that we are all making ups these complaints. Well graham, as you well know, these complaints are all genuine - you have scammed us and I am sure, many other people!! All we ever wanted was a refund and we would have been "happy." however, instead of doing the right thing, you have tried to lie, tried to make out that gb investigate has been brought out - as you know gb investigate was not worth anything - I have checked this. All you did was change the name of the 'business" and website so that you could carry on misleading and scamming people!
Complaint comments Comments (165)    Updated: Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Solicitors

Comments

A  11th of Nov, 2017 by    +6 Votes
Do not use this company. Crooks trying to hide behind false names and virtual addresses. They'll take your money and run. Nothing they claim on their website is true. I have reported them everywhere I can too complete with a full detailed report of their lies and misrepresentations.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    +6 Votes
@StolenFrombyTheseCrooks Keep reporting and posting - these [censor] need to be stopped!
@StolenFrombyTheseCrooks Show us your report
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
The above is part of the source code for vm investigate site - a site/company that claims to not be connected to any other company!!! these people cannot be trusted!!! they took my money and are still trying to hide!!!
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Rachel.N Are you a Solicitor?
A  19th of Nov, 2017 by     Best Advice +6 Votes
"we are only one of a few uk investigation firms still trading in our original name after 24 years, because we deliver results and offer an honest above average service" lifted straight from the website so how come the company was only registered a few years back??? everything they say is a lie
A  20th of Nov, 2017 by    +4 Votes
There are SO many lies associated with this firm. Names of the owners, years in business - "combined years of experience" How the hell do they have over 793 years of experience when its a one man band!!! Its time people like this were closed down for good!!! My story? Well, unfortunately, I asked them to run some checks for me - costs me over £ 700.00 and I have been chasing their so called report for over two months now. They won't answer emails and calls are screened I think. Ill be paying them a person visit - I know they are actually based in Kent and have the real owners address now. Tick tock, time is running out of this con man!
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Joanna T Information above is inaccurate. People please do your research. The posts here are fake reviews for which fake posters are being paid. What has been written is extremely inaccurate and untrue.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold Nobody here is being paid. You are talking complete nonsense.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold Absolute rubbish and yet another fake name name used by the owner of gb investigate/vm investigate! when will you learn - you have to stop lying!!!
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold No graham, I am just one of the many people you have ripped off!!!
N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold Interesting ‘joseph!’ how on earth would you know if my complaint and it’s detwils were accurate or not! yet another attempt by the owners of gb investigate - vm investigate to try and cover their tracks! graham, you know fill well that you are scamming innocent people who cannot afford to throw money away, let alone be ripped off by you! you need to stop misleading people with your false advertising, dodgy business practices and lies!
N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Rachel.N The money he's scamming from hardworking innocent people goes towards funding his luxury Tuscan holiday home. Graham Bunten and his wife Vanda Marchetti have no morals whatsoever.
A  21st of Nov, 2017 by    +4 Votes
More lies! do this lot ever learn?? I have just seen their advert on google:

Private investigators - no results no fees - gbinvestigate.com‎
Adwww.gbinvestigate.com/private/investigator‎
Full service agency. local detectives based in every county. est 27 years.
24 hours, 7 days a week · no obligation talk/email · 330 combined experience · high success rate
Partner investigationstracing missing personslegal supportsurveillance

Look at the experience part - 330, yes 330! kind of contradicts their claimed 793 on their website don't you think? this lot cannot be trusted!!!

Gb investigations was established in 1994 staffed by investigators with over 793 years of combined experience in helping customers resolve problems. there is very little in the field of investigation that we have not seen or dealt with before. every client is assigned a personal case manager. contactable direct at all times and will update clients regularly at agreed times and or on agreed case developments.

And, they claim to have been in business for 23 years and 27 years!!! definitely one to avoid!!! why are these people allowed to trade, let alone advertise??? they need shutting down before they fleece anymore innocent people!!!
N  26th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Rebecca Lambert Please contact action fraud. there are numerous similar cases being reported about gbinvestigate.
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Gbinvestigate don't investigate anything. gb stands for graham bunten as well as greedy [censor]. there is no paul marshal working for this company yet this is what graham bunten calls himself in order to hide behind his disgusting practice of taking money from vulnerable, trusting individuals for no service whatsoever. I used this company in good faith and had to involve the police at the point I started receiving extremely abusive calls from both graham and his wife vanda. the uk office is a virtual office address (so doesn't really exist), the phone numbers on the website are also designed to mislead customers into thinking their is an international presence. it's simply not true. this organisation need shutting down! do not trust a single word graham bunten says. he is a fraudster, a bully and a blatant thief!
N  30th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Not usually one to play devils advocate and whilst I don't know your circumstances, just as you have the right to complain, other people have the right to defend themselves if it doesn't seem right. these types of boards do not routinely check or verify who is complaining which means anyone can say anything. that nearly happened to me. these boards are are usually not verified. so I checked and there are lots of things in the publuc domain and the other poster seems to be correct about how long they have been in business and the phone numbers all work. if a company suddenly gets a bunch of complaints at once on a board like this you have to appreciate it may appear suspicious and people can't always take your word for it as this board doesn't verify info.
N  30th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
@Geoff Hayes21 Understand totally what you're saying. If you read the majority of posts, they are encouraging people to go to the appropriate authorities to log their complaints. It is helpful for individuals to know that they are not alone in their experience as it can feel both intimidating and isolating. I personally am follwoing the advice I've been given by the police.
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Geoff Hayes21 Geoff, your point is taken but I can assure you that my complaint is genuine as I suspect are the others on here. We have all tried to speak with the company in question but have received abuse while they continually try to mislead us by changing the company name and website address. They must think we are all stupid!! We have no choice but to air of problem with this firm on here and other outlets.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Sharon Cap GB Investigates was bought out by VM Investigates. These are all fake reviews by the hackers who hacked their site. And this site is not respected because it doesn't verify any information by the complainants or verify email addresses. Google it and see how the owners ask for money to take down fake reviews. People use this site to discredit genuine companies and all these fake reviews are by the hackers. End of! Show us some evidence!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Geoff Hayes21 Their fake reviews by the hackers who hacked their site. Thankfully this site is not respected as most use to post fake reviews or discredit. And then the owners of this board extort money to get fake reviews taken down. Emails are not verified and business's are not aporoached.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Sharon Cap To air your fake complaint on a site which doesn't authenticate information. But you hacked their site didn't you!!@
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Such a load of rubbish, all to hide behind your string of criminal offences. Presumably VMinvestigate bought all the bad debt that goes with it? You are still liable to honour existing contractual arrangements.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Your a hacker and this is part of your sour grape campaign. You hide behind an ill thought of forum where anyone can say anything.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield I don't have a clue how to hack anything! There is no sour grape campaign. Just truth, facts and evidence.
If you were a reputable company offering an honest service, your reputation would speak for itself. No amount of hackers or as you put it "sour grapes" would make a blind bit of difference to your company. PS. For every comment you put up, you are increasing the footprint this forum has in the search engines. Bit like an own goal I'd say.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Show us proof! Did you put on your supposed court papers that your fake complaint was part of a targeted campaign and arises from the HACKING? Police involved now!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Police were already involved long before last Tuesday. I repeat, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO HACK ANYTHING! and have no interest in doing so either.
I really don't understand why you think anyone would make a fake complaint? What would they gain from that?
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield What utter rubbish! You've changed the name. The company isn't worth a bean let alone a buy out. And very coincidental that it all suddenly happened when people were making the public aware of the numerous scams going on.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Do you really think an already overstretched police force would bother looking at a fake complaint and the fake money you paid??? even if it were true, they wouldn't deal with it. you would have been advised of the correct route to complain.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Joseph Harold I have been advised very well thank you and am pursuing all avenues that I was directed to. maybe you'd like to speak to the police yourself and ask if there is any substance to these claims? i'm sure they'd be happy to put you straight with the real facts.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Hey graham, we must have hacked your website and changed the name from gb investigate to vm investigate in order to help you try to avoid all the people you have scammed. because that is exactly what you did, didn't you!!!
@Joanna T Funny...
A  25th of Nov, 2017 by    +4 Votes
Please everyone, contact ActionFraud and let's get them put out of business
A  27th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
I have already contacted Action Fraud and will certainly be taking this MUCH further. They have ripped off the wrong person this time!
N  27th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
@Joanna T It would be good if individuals could keep each other updated on progress as it will benefit everyone.
N  28th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief I have now submitted a claim through the small claims court online alongside other means of prosecution. It is a very straight forward process and you can claim to recover the court costs which are nominal compared to what you've already paid to gbinvestigate. I would urge others to do the same.
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Show us the claim
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield You will receive it by post soon enough.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Show everyone the proof.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield You mean show you? All those that are posting here don't feel the need to insist on seeing it as they know 100% that the claims being made are genuine as they are in exactly the same boat.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief I am kind of with Geoff who was looking at both sides of the argument. I used to have a small business and a load of reviews were posted on here. They were fake and i had to go to court. It was actually a rival business from a small northern town. If you try and ask for the complaint to be removed they ask for money. The trouble is that people can write what they want and if untrue it can be damaging. So i guess if you post stuff here it probably isn't too much for someone to see proof of some sort. But i imagine that if they aren't true the business will probably consult with lawyers and police anyway.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@David Wilks I have every shred of proof I need for prosecution. My posts on this site are purely to make other vulnerable individuals aware of my own detrimental experience with this company. People are perfectly able to make their own judgements before deciding on which company to give their hard earned cash to.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief I understand your point but i also understand Geoff's point.There are things on here which don't add up. One poster put stuff up about how long they had been in business, and their post didn't check out. So if pieces of information posted here don't check out it gives rise to concern whether the reviews are fake. This website is not in the habit of checking if a review is genuine.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@David Wilks I can only speak for myself. The posts on here that other people have put up are quoting www.gbinvestigate.com / www.vminvestigate.com web content and explaining that some of the details don't stack up. All I believe are genuine complainants that have been ripped off. There is certainly no campaign that I'm aware of to discredit this organisation for sour grapes purposes. The police advised me that a number of individuals had already made legitimate claims to them.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief But the Police don't divulge that information. It isn't the correct route to make a complaint. Action Fraud have been backed up for months. Apart from an acknowledgement and looking at the curren waiting time frame and the time at which you complained, you wouldn't have received a full response yet.
@Joseph Harold Interesting...
A  28th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
So, I have just seen that this lot have now changed their name to VM Investigate! Absolute crooks!!! http://www.vminvestigate.com

We NEED to stop them ripping people off!!1
N  28th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
Private Investigators - No Results No Fees‎
www.vminvestigate.com/Private/Investigator‎07493 652148
Full Service Agency. Local Detectives Based In Every County. Est 27 Years
No Hidden Fees · Local, National & Global · 330 Combined Experience · High Success Rate
Partner InvestigationsTracing Missing PersonsSurveillanceLegal Support

SAME lot, different web address!!! VERY dodgy looking!!!
N  28th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joanna T It's exactly the same lot. VM stands for Vanda Marchetti which is Graham Bunten's (GB) partner in crime!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Further naming of individuals are at risk of potential prosecution
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Why? It is in the interest of other claimants to know the real names of the people that are stealing money from them.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield How so? Under what law? That info is the public domain so no laws broken "Simon" Oh sorry, Graham. You really should get to know the law Graham because every time you take it out and wave it around, all you do is demonstrate your consistent ignorance of it. Every. Single. Time.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Any now, VM Investigations/VM Investigate are claiming to NOT be connected to any other company!!! They have a number of listings on Google and one ad. One of their listings states:

VM investigate was started in 1994 as a Professional Detective Agency. Call our English office on 03450561232, Int 0044 345 056 1232, Portugal 00351937709447 & Spain 0034617520392. NO RESULT NO FEE DEALS AVAILABLE. NOTE - 1994.

Their ad states:

Not connected to any other company. Est 1990, 27 years experience. UK Wide.
24 hours, 7 days a week · Local, National & Global · No Hidden Fees · No Obligation Talk/Email
Services: Matrimonial Matters, Relationship Matters, Tracing Missing Persons, Surveillance, Email Tracin.. NOTE - 1990!!!

MORE AND MORE LIES AS THEY TRY TO EVADE THE CLIENTS THAT THEY RIPPED OFF!!! REPORT THESE PEOPLE IF YOU ARE UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO COME ACROSS THEM!!!
D  29th of Nov, 2017 by    -2 Votes
As a law firm, we often require the services of private investigators and have subsequently been working with this company for over thirteen years. We have an excellent rapport and business relationship with them because they are very established in the UK and globally, with an extremely good reputation. It has therefore been very concerning to read the reviews on this site which have interestingly and conveniently all been written days or hours apart! In fact, in all our dealings we have never seen negative reviews such as these. It really doesn't take a genius to work out that these are fake and slanderous reviews are designed to derail a genuine business. If any of the reviewers were genuine, they would have a much better understanding of how the company operates and that fees are paid based on results! A genuine client would sensibly do their research - there are so many untruths in the reviews that I could pick holes in them all day - a lawyers dream. They are slanderous and undermine a decent and established company. The give away stares you in the face when you see how the fake reviews have been written in quick succession of one another! This company have our full support and continued business .
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Maya Mcgill Interesting comment given that the police signposted me to the complaints once I'd reported this organisation. I had never thought to look as I paid my money in good faith - although you may want to check the facts as this company take your money first but promise to give it back if they don't achieve results! Then point blank refuse to refund. I think if you dig a little deeper you will find there is plenty of substance to the complaints that are being made and all are being reported to the appropriate authorities, along with all the evidence requested.
They are lucky to have your support and business given how they've exploited a number of vulnerable individuals. That does not negate their lies and criminal behaviour in other cases.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief NB. I think it's entirely inappropriate for you to rubbish other people's dealings with this company as you can't possibly know what their experience has been. Just because yours has been positive, it does not prove that other clients have been treated the same.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    -3 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief You are hiding behind a fake profile in order to make slanderous comments about an established company which suddenly has complaints about them in an attempt to derail.Please don't insult my intelligence. The police do not deal with complaints such as the one you have claimed and for the record, Action Fraud is quite busy enough without having to deal with fake posters that were NEVER clients. Prosecutions for Slander are in fact very real.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Maya Mcgill I'm not hiding behind anything. ActionFraud have taken the case on and I have crime reference numbers from the police. How could I possibly derail anybody without factual evidence. Making a few comments on an appropriate complaints forum does not derail a well established reputable company. Only hard facts and evidence can do that. You may want to consider leaving a positive review for them along with your company name on their website rather than arguing on a complaints site. I am sure that would carry much more credibility than your efforts to rubbish people's genuine complaints.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Why your desperate need to fight gminvestigate / vminvestigate's cause unless of you are in some way linked to the organisation which is far more likely.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    -3 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Your posts are littered with slanderous and inaccurate detail. Its funny how all the complaints were written around the same time. Yes we are a client of fifteen years plus and have no problem supporting them amongst fake and slanderous comments - have you actually read the other so called conplaints and compared the language and tone? Of course you have 😂
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Maya Mcgill Slander is Spoken. Libel is Written. Truth is an absolute defense against any claims of slander or libel. Just an FYI.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Maya Mcgill To be honest, I was genuinely surprised when Kent police directed me to this website. In this kind of situation, you assume you are the only victim of the scam. It didn't occur to me that the other people were experiencing identical problems. I should have called the police sooner but only decided to after receiving very abusive phone calls and threats. So to suggest that this is some sort of a witch hunt is utter nonsense. These are genuinely disgruntled people who paid for a service in good faith but never received it. I don't think it's helpful to endorse such behaviour and I truly believe other vulnerable individuals should be warned before falling for the lies most of us have been told.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief I think people will know who to believe.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    -2 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Yes and we know it isn't you or your bunch of friends whom posted adverse comments all at the same time. I work regularly with the Police and your comments are laughable. You are now using language such as 'scam' and saying you received abusive calls. The police would have directed you through the correct channels for recourse but there is little point discussing any further as you are a fake complainant. You DO NOT pay upfront. Do your homework before defaming
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
@Maya Mcgill I have written evidence, in fact piles of it. I would never ask my friends to get involved in being dishonest about anyone. You are spouting absolute rubbish! Definitely somebody from the VMinvestigate or one of your associates. Doesn't make any sense otherwise.
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@CareyRL And I would say all the individuals on here who are making legitimate complaints can back up their claims with a stach of truthful facts. It doesn't take a lawyer to work out who the courts will believe.
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Maya Mcgill With regards to your comments about how close to each other timing wise some of these complaints have been, perhaps it's worth considering that it's far from a coincidence that there are numerous people who've suffered exactly the same scam in a fairly constrained period of time. This to me suggests that gbinvestigate and vminvestigate are habitually scamming vulnerable individuals and are confident they can continue to get away with it. I would also add it seems very strange/coincidental that gminvestigate have chosen to change their company details and associated contact information to vminvestigate. Why would they do that if they have done nothing wrong?
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief The Police directed you to this unregulated site, which doesn't check that information is true.??? This site is NOT REGULATED and is NOT respected. The Police whom are part of the Public Service would not direct you to a site which isn't regulated or where information isn't verified. They would direct you to a UK site such as Citizens Advice or another site which is government backed or the appropriate regulatory body. But to be honest it isn't their job to direct fake complainants to a shoddy board which is known for fake reviews. They would never direct to a site of this nature EVER!! Don't make me laugh. Plenty of regulated bodies but their for genuine complainant's and not HACKERS!!@
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Show us your proof
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +3 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Kent police did a simple online search and found many complaints about your organisation. They were confirming that I did not appear to be alone in my experience and that others have made similar complaints. All will be revealed in court anyway.
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Let's see it then
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Oh please Kent police would not direct you to this board. The only complaints received were by you and other fake complaints because you HACKED their site. And all the complaints came in at the same time. Your lies are actually making me laugh
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Why don't you ask Kent police yourself? They have all the details and a full recording of the conversation.
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Whatever!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield I'm being serious. It will put you out of your misery. They will confirm it is 100% legitimate...
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +3 Votes
@Maya Mcgill Hi Graham. Nice try...
N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Maya Mcgill No such Solicitor working for ANY ‘law firm!’ More attempts to mislead by VM Investigate - Gb Investigate!
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Their grammar is pathetic.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
What an absolute load of rubbish! There is not even a Solicitor called Maya Mcgill! Clearly GB Investigate, VM Investigate or whatever they are going to call themselves tomorrow, trying to appear to be legitimate. The fact that this person claims to have worked with GB Investigate or VM Investigate for 15+ years is a joke. GB Investigate or VM Investigate have not even been trading for that length of time - record are records and sadly, they do not add up! The comment that Maya Mcgill works with the police is an interesting one as the "owner" of GB Investigate is an ex-policeman. Dishonest people who rip people off, lie on their websites and then lie on here to try to cover their previous lies!!! DEFINITELY AVIND GB INVESTIGATE AND VM INVESTIGATE!!!
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Sharon Cap Well said. I agree completely. Somebody clearly feels the need to defend themselves. I wonder why!
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief The answer is simple - scammers!!!
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
This company is definitely a scam - avoid! Not sure when it was set up but have reported to ActionFraud about 1 month ago. Currently chasing money lost to them but agree that I should also pursue through small claims. Considering options. I dealt with a "Paul Marshal" and paid to a Santander account in Portugal.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
@SophieL Exactly the same as me! The account name was Gavin Peter Burrows, Santander, Portugal.
There are more and more people coming out of the woodwork constantly.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@SophieL Further naming of individuals breaches Data protection and those who continue to do so will be prosecuted
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Show us the proof
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield You have the proof. you took the payment!
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Show us!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield All will be revealed at the appropriate moment. Compiled as evidence for the court claim.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
Going to keep link to this page - any advice re pursuing monies appreciated. Oh, and the account I paid into in Portugal was for a "Gavin Burrows"
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
And since dealings with them - absolutely inundated with junk mail ...
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@SophieL What sort of junk mail?
N  30th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief bitcoin, Peruvian get hard fast, you;ve won.., various bingo emails, Anglian windws, hopa-slots, special alert, tesler etc etc previously i'd have 2-3 emails that were junk in inbox and would be deleted, now 40-50/day
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@SophieL Interesting as I have also started receiving junk mail from the same companies...
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
Gavin Burrows looks like another one of GB Investigate's/VM Investigate's fake names - The real owner is called Graham and his wife is Wanda - form Portugal...!!! This lot have clearly been trying to get away with this for far too long! A can of worms has now been opened and instead of putting their hands up, Graham and Wanda are still trying to worm their way out of it - using a fake Solicitor's name to post on here, is just another pathetic ploy!!!

If anyone is reading this an dither MANY other posts on the internet about GB Investigate or VM Investigate, AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS - these reviews are most certainly genuine and we all have paperwork to support these claims.

Just waiting to see what name they will come up with next...
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Sharon Cap His wife is called Vanda Marchetti and she's Italian not Portuguese.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -2 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief The further naming of individuals will result in legal action
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield It will make for an interesting court case...
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield On what grounds?
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
* If anyone is reading this and other MANY other posts on the internet about GB Investigate or VM Investigate, AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS - these reviews are most certainly genuine and we all have paperwork to support these claims.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Sharon Cap Lets see it then!!!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield The courts will see all the necessary paperwork.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Oh dear. You have no evidence because you hacked their site as part of a campaign. Lawyers and police involved now!!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield They already were. I don't know how to hack a site but I do know a fraudulent business transaction when I see one.
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Prove it.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield You probably need to explain to me in thicko terms how I hacked your site and what information I could have possibly gained by doing so that would have some major impact on this case. The information I have has revealed itself through the dozens of interactions with your company and through basic checks on public domain information. The only reason I would go to the trouble of compiling evidence is for a genuine claim against a fraudulent individual or company.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Is it unreasonable for someone to see proof if you make sweeping allegations and post publicly? Sorry i do feel a bit bitter because of my own experience with this site.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@David Wilks Not necessarily unreasonable but probably unwise given where I'm up to in terms of commencing legal proceedings.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief The only fraud is you.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold Absolutely not. Never been in trouble in my life! 100% honest, genuine and trustworthy. Shame the same can't be said for Graham Bunten, Vanda Marchetti, www.gbinvestigate.com and www.vminvestigate.com
N  30th of Nov, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Vm investigate - gb investigate - ok, so here is some more evidence of the lies that vm investigate and gb investigate (same company) are telling:

The latest advert for vm investigate:

"www.vminvestigate.com/private/investigator‎07493 652148
Not connected to any other company. est 1990, 27 years experience. uk wide." note - not connected to any other company - established in 1990. click the ad extensions and you get the following:

"this site gbinvestigate.com has been disabled. please contact support."

So many lies - so many people ripped off by this lot!
N  30th of Nov, 2017 by    +3 Votes
VM Investigate (GB Investigate) Amazing how they claim to not be connected to any other company, yet their weblinks on their advert go to the GB Investigate server!! Scam artists in every way and misrepresenting themselves to potential customers, as always! The facts speak for themselves, despite them trying to cover their tracks again! Report them to Trading Standards, The ASA and Action Fraud!!! I have!
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Sharon Cap In case anyone wants to pursue matters for getting money that's owed, the website below is the place to start:
Very quick and easy to do.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Sharon Cap To clarify, the fake reviews on here including from yourself were posted because you hacked their website. A genuine business with a good reputation! A meeting was held on Tuesday with lawyers and the police because this is a targeted campaign by those who hacked the site. A side from naming individuals and several Data Protection breaches, further attempts by those who continue to discredit a legitimate company who has been in business for a number of years, will be prosecuted. Perhaps the fake posters of this unverified site would like to provide their so called evidence in court. Furthermore, GB Investigates has been bought out by VM Investigates. Fake clients, fake reviews on an unverified site by hackers with a bitter state. But luckily most people treat this site with the little respect it deserves.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Bring on the prosecution! The only people who will be found guilty are those that have lied and stolen people's money. The rest of us have absolutely nothing to worry about. The police already had our statements long before you involved them. As did ActionFraud, ASA and Trading Standards.
I also got in touch with The Association of British Investigators who legitimate investigators register with and comply by the regulations set. Please note that VMInvestigations / GBInvestigations ARE NOT and never have been registered.
I was advised by The Association of British Investigators that it is not the first time GBInvestigations / VMInvestigations have been bought to their attention.
It is ludicrous of VMInvestigations to suggest that there are a bunch of random people who would deliberately try to derail their organisation. Absolute nonsense.
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Your a fantastic story teller!! Show us the proof
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief I think you will find that there are various associations that private investigators can voluntarily sign up to, the ABI is one. You have shot yourself in the foot because if they aren't members, the ABI DOES NOT have the power to investigate. To explain in language that you may understand, it is a bit like ABTA. If you are going to lie and hide behind this pig of a site which doesn't verify anything get your facts straight.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Why do I need to show you proof? I have everything I need to provide for legal purposes and that's what matters.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief You hide behind a site which is RENOWNED for targeting businesses!! And the owner asks for money to take fake reviews down! This is a continued conspiracy against a decent company. You hacked their site. Meeting with police held on Tuesday. Your a HACKER with bitterness
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield My point was you were already known to them because they had received many complaints even though you weren't registered with them. I haven't shot myself in the foot. I have all I need by way of 100% genuine evidence/support for my claim, including proof that I explored numerous avenues before going to the police and posting on any complaints forums. My approach was to try every reasonable approach before escalating things further.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield I'm completely unaware of the business practices of this review site. Have never posted on here before because I've never been ripped off by anyone previously.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield You would know all about fantastic story telling. I was subjected to more stories than Jackanory! Some of which were so ludicrous but were all designed to delay either providing constantly promised info or a refund.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Oh poor you. But it doesn't matter because all reviews are FAKE and all received weeks apart. Part of a continuous conspiracy. Lawyers and police aware!!
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Prove it!!!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Prove it! Simple!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief HACKING and conspiracy ARE NOT reasonable behaviours!!
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield I agree. But that is not what we're dealing with here.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief It's not a case of poor me. It's a principled case of trying to protect other people from being subjected to story after story of complete and utter nonsense when they are genuinely seeking help for an important/poignant issue that's going on in their life. To abuse vulnerable individuals is despicable and vulnerable people need protected from such practices.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief What did they do to you?
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@David Wilks Offered a service on a 'no results, no fee' guarantee but asked for the fee upfront (with the promise of a refund if not successful). Did not accept payment via the usual trusted sources (despite blatantly advertising it on their website, etc.), instead insisting for it to be paid into a Portuguese bank account under the name of Gavin Burrows even though they are based in the UK. Spent months making up allsorts of ridiculous stories and issuing promise after promise of a refund. When the [censor] hit the fan and my patience ran out, I received a barrage of abuse (some of which is too disgraceful to repeat).
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Not hiding behind anything. My case is out there in the public domain via the appropriate authorities.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield HAHAHA! All you have to do is look at the publically available info to know that, that isn't true. All you did is change the website Graham. VMInvestigate is not a registered company. I gotta tell you, every time I read any of your communications I am highly amused at your lack of knowledge of the difference between criminal law and civil law. Your stupidity in thinking that you are helping your situation because you just keep making it worse and providing SO MUCH concrete evidence ready for the fraud squad. (Ten years in jail for you!) There are no data protection breaches. You don't even know the first thing about how the law works so shhh no bully boy. You also don't know the first thing about hacking. You took your own site down and we all know it and we all know why. Just give up Graham. News Flash!! Your lies don't work anymore! And yes, I would like to make it known publically that I too have rock solid proof that I was defrauded. I'd run off to your holiday home if I were. I hope it doesn't get burnt down or anything.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@GrahamSteals Thank you! Credible support at last! The nature of the business in question means victims are isolated when they are defrauded and the perpetrators think it's ok to exploit this to the max! Taking vulnerable people's money then threatening and abusing them in order to frighten them off only works for so long before somebody gets utterly fed up and holds you to account. Looks like that time has finally come.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield All you gotta do is contact Regus at the same address as VMInvestigate because they are the people who supply the office space at the address of Golden Cross House, and see if Regus have even heard of them. Simple. Thats all youv'e to got to do to show that this company just uses any old address so they can keep trying to hide. I'm amused how some of the previous addresses were really dodgy looking run down locations but this time they thought they'd better go upmarket a bit to try and look a bit reputable. Oh its laughable.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield FYI. I now have press that are interested in covering this story based on all the evidence provided to them so far. We are currently in talks to progress matters imminently and in touch with many other victims of this scam who are also keen to contribute.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@GrahamSteals Laughable indeed. But not at the point I was being seriously intimidated. It would be negligent for me to continue to allow this to happen to other unsuspecting individuals. It's time consuming and frankly a pain in the [censor] to pursue legal channels but morally I feel I have no option. I want to protect others from being subjected to the same unnecessarily.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield A few simple checks that you can carry out for yourself will show you all you need to know. Do your own due diligence. Look at when the company was formed and when they say it was. Do some research on the addresses they've used. Whatever you want to do, which ever way you do it, the picture takes form in the same shape. Contact the company that supplies the virtual office space and see if they've heard of the company, then ask ActionFraud if they have. Ask Association of British Investigators, they told me that they had heard of them and were aware of cases that had been reported to the Action Fraud. Don't ask other people to prove it to you. Prove it to yourself because you probably won't believe whatever someone says here anyway, so do it yourself and you'll see. There is your proof.
N  3rd of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@GrahamSteals I have done. The more I look, the more I discover. Whether it's been via other complainants, The Association of British Investigators, the police, lawyers, other private investigation agencies and of course my own in depth experience. The public domain is rife with information about their fraudulent practices.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Simon Hatfield Prove that you've been hacked and who you are accusing of hacking you!
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Simon Hatfield I would suggest there's a bit of paranoia creeping in here... I wonder why
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@GrahamSteals You seriously need to get your facts straight. How much are you being paid to write these fake reviews???? You have no evidence because you are being paid!!! You must be desperate!!! And yes I am a repeat client - your statements are RUBBISH
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold How can you possibly know what other people have experienced? I don't claim to have a clue what your dealings have been like. Not being paid at all. Just want what I'm legitamately owed.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@GrahamBunten.Is.A.Thief Just been doing some research - you write lots of fake reviews under different aliases. You must be desperate for money!
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold That's absolutely hilarious. You must get your research from some ominous sources. I have never been paid to write fake reviews and neither have I written any under different aliases. I have nothing to hide and no interest whatsoever in writing nonsense about people that isn't 100% true.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Joseph Harold I smell the smell of the owner of VM Investigate/GB Investigate clearly trying to hide again by using even more FAKE names! Pathetic - its time you paid back the money you scammed from us!!! There are SO many lies being told by VM Investigate/GB Investigate - you only have to look at the website and the companies house information to see the lies!!!
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Joanna T Absolutely spot on!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree