Gavin Electronics Inc / Gavin Inc Home-based job scam

1 Philippines Review updated:

Gavin Electronics contacted me via email last Feb 07, 2009 regarding a home-based job as Customer Data Entry. After numerous attempts of checking the validity and credibility of the company or website ( google-ing complaints or negative feedbacks), no particular page or complaint came up. The website (gavin-inc.com) looked convincing enough to be genuine.

And so I replied and expressed my interest in the job, which claimed to pay 160 Euros per week on a 2-hour per day job. The name of the person who sent me an email was Mr. Eladio G. Carlo, Branch Manager of Gavin Inc in Torino, Italy. They required some documents from me which included an updated CV, filled-out application form, education certificate, and work certificates.

Then after 5-6 processing days, they sent me an scanned acceptance form, agreement form, attestation and even an employment id card, informing me that I was accepted for the home-based job. They mentioned that the original copy of the previous-mentioned scanned documents will be sent via courier within 8 days at my given home address. Then the last process required would be a deposit of 70 Euros to serve as a cash deposit of a data entry control panel( to be used on the data entry job) to make sure the correct person would receive the equipment.

It will be further refunded on the first week of my rendered service. After sending my deposit last Feb 23, 2009 via Western Union to a person named Dan Adrian Tulbure, Assistant Acountant of Gavin Elctronics Inc. with the same address of the company, which was 583D Via Del Carretto Luisa Torino, Torino 10437 Italy. After corresponding to his instructions, Mr. Carlo replied with a receipt and he advised to wait until March 4, 2009 to receive my courier of the original documents and the equipment.

As of today, I have not received any courier which made me decide to file a complaint against Gavin Inc. Their website is no longer accessible ( Error 403 Forbidden to access on this server). And the email address admin@gavin-inc.com is no longer valid by sending failure notice every time I email them.

As of my further research, I have found information on this website link, http://whois.domaintools.com/gavin-inc.com, which states the suspicious details of the website. I wish I have seen this page before having fooled by Gavin-Inc. 70 Euros is not much, but if they can fool 1, 000 people randomly, that makes 70, 000 Euros which is a huge amount.

Mi

Comments

• Re
      7th of Mar, 2009

i even thought this is a legitimate company since i also search myself if this is fraud or something and i find none. it is really such a waste of money and time. hope this could taught us a lesson to not just me but to everybody else who are fooled.

• Mi
      8th of Mar, 2009

if only we have seen this earlier. it is just a month old website and the server location is US.
    i hope this puts a stop to more people getting fooled.

22nd of Mar, 2009

i agree to both of you. they did same strategy but this time they used Dachs Electronics Inc. as their company located at 273H, Via Del Bosco St 47, 38731 Trieste, Italy with the website (www.dachs-inc.com) and email address (admin@dachs-inc.com). i wish i could have seen this earlier. well, it gives me a lesson and wish by dissemination of this, we will help more people to stay away from these guys.

• Al
      25th of Mar, 2009

Try checking this website (garth-inc.com) guess its them again trying to fool innocent people. I'm thankful im not one of them, surfing the internet is a great help especially for us looking for a job.

• Al
      25th of Mar, 2009

Dear Applicant,

Sorry for late reply, Thanks for applying in our company (Garth Electronics Inc),
    we have discovered your resume that you sent us,

you are invited to documentation for "Part Time Customer Data Entry" (home based)
    employment offer,

visit our website: http://www.garth-inc.com

This offer will be Valid after review of your Documents (eg.educational certificates etc),

Please check Duties Responsibilities and complete job package attached sheet with this
    email .Doc format ( end of this email),

If interested please submit attach application form with required documents by Scan Email,
    (Click to download application form and description files End of this Email, MS word format)

Last date of application form submission is 10 March 2009,

(Note: To avoid Disappointments submit form and documents as soon as possible)

with best regards
    14, Vicolo Vo' bldg 4, st 17
    37400 Trento
    URL: www.garth-inc.com
    Email: admin@garth-inc.com

Attachments:
    application form.doc (60K)
    duties and job package.doc (61K)

Hello applicant,

We have received your documents and already forwarded to HR,
    in case of approval we will inform you,

so we will contact you back after getting any answer from Hr department,
    it may take 5-6 days to complete process,

www.garth-inc.com

your application with Garth Electronics Inc was approved and
    our head office just issued the confirmation letters and other employment
    documents with Employment Agreement,

(Scan copies are attach with this email just for view) original you will get in 1 week
    by courier,

kindly read and fill up the Only "Acceptance form" (attached with this email on Word file)
    and after signing this from send us back by Scan email in maximum 2 working days,

After receiving this form you will get the all employment documents with agreement by
    courier at your home address and you will be Garth Inc's Part Time Permanent
    Employee for 6 months and after this period you can extend agreement for more 6months,

(Note: FILL ONLY ACCEPTANCE FORM NOT AGREEMENT LETTER,
    agreement letter you need to sign after getting by courier)

edgar G. carl

we are now also sending you original copies of employment documents
    with agreement by EMS which you will get in 7-8 days at your given home
    address, Dont forget to inform us upon arrival of all documents and
    Data Machine at your post mail address,

last date of Data form submission is 24 March 2009"

edgar carl

Guyz,

This is how they gonna communicate and at the same time fooled you, the same tacktics as misstie ryt?

• Mr
      9th of Apr, 2009

hello there,

i am also victimized by these people. too bad! seems satan's people are really out to recruit more armies in their empire.

thank you for having this kind of complaint board. more power!

mr.philippines

• Ha
      14th of Apr, 2009

iam suprised to see all this...it has happened to me here in Dubai as well..i hope someone really takes action on these people..putting hope into innocent people who are so desperate for Jobs to meet their family needs...

i atleast had been wise enough of not sending them Euro 70 ..they have fooled not only me but all of us... the worst part is providing our complete details with original certificates...

iam feeling really bad...Is there someone can do to sue these people.

han

• Dx
      15th of Apr, 2009

I just had quick chat with my friend and she happily shared her joy in finding a fabulous job which offers a high paying salary with a minimum of 2 hours of work per day. Good thing that one of our friends (who loves to search any information in the internet) was able to browse that this company is a BIG SCAM!! The offer letter, contract and company ID was exactly what she received via courier but under the name of a different company - DALMATINC. Their email address is sales@dalmatinc.com and originally based in Italy.

Thank you for sharing your experience Misstie! You have just saved someone from the trap of this BOGUS company.

15th of Apr, 2009

hi!! i am also a victim of this fraud people..u know whats their current email ad? admin@dalmatinc.com, thats it.. i admit that the first time i received an email from them, i was so thrilled because the salary is very inviting...i sent my credentials right away and got a response just after few days...on their latest response, they have attached the attestation, agreement forms, and company ID... who would have thought that they are just fooling around? but in the first place i had this doubt if they really exist so i tried to search just the site name (www.dalmatinc.com)and it really exist ...just a few minutes, i am about to print and scan the documents with my signature to submit it, i tried to carefully read the details as well as the sender... out or curiosity, i tried to search the "eladio g. carlo" as the sender and discovered this site..gosh, what kind of people are they...they are really taking advantage of the people who wants to have a part time job...lesson learned: "don't be so thrilled, its a good thing to be curious and doubtful" hehehe... by the way, thank you so much for the informations, its really helpful...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Domain Name: dalmatinc.com

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Expiration Date: 2010-03-30
    Creation Date: 2009-03-30
    Last Update Date: 2009-03-30

site is newly created, March 30, 2009

god speed!!!

anY09

20th of Apr, 2009

hello, i am one of the many people fooled by this scam. i was just checking on my e-mails when i opened a mail from Dalmant Inc saying that they are sorry for responding late that they received my CV for a home-based data encoding. Coincidentally i sent many copies of my CV to different companies just to find opportunities. When i read the mail i was excited to go through the it. I downloaded all the necessary files and filled it up then scanned and sent it back to the e-mail address they gave. They replied me with attested and confirmed documents about the employment. Oh boy, it was really a nice opportunity. The last mail i received is that they are requiring me to send a70Euros for me to receive the original documents by courier. It was like an enlightening so i tried to read some online documents about eladio G. carlo and right in front of my eyes everything about the scam. Thanks God, He didn't allow me to waste money for the wrong purpose.

i am just wondering, why do we need to fool for money if we can work for it?

Thanks for this site and the people who shared their experiences in connection to this scam. Hope to get a true opportunity next time.

24th of Apr, 2009

hello guys. i also received the same email scam. but this time, they uses hersh electricals inc and Edgar G. Carl as branch manager. it's a good thing i did my research and luckily found this site. those guys who loves to fool and use the innocense of others should face karma!

• Mo
      25th of Apr, 2009

nEW scAM:

Dear Applicant,

Sorry for late reply, Thanks for applying in our company (Hersh Electricals Inc),
    we have discovered your resume that you sent us,

employment offer,

visit our website: http://www.hershelectric.com

email .Doc format ( end of this email),

Last date of application form submission is 28 April 2009,

(Note: To avoid Disappointments submit form and documents as soon as possible)

with best regards

---SAME PEOPLE! MOTHER###ERS!!!

• Va
      7th of May, 2009

Please check this http://www.gavril-inc.com/

I received email from Gavril Electronics Inc last April 21, 2009. This is totally a scam. I posted a complaint. Please check Gavril Electronics Inc. complaint that I posted.

Good God!!! Just before I make the deposit of 70 euro. I found this site!

10th of May, 2009

Same here, Just received this email 2 weeks ago, then yesterday I received another email with attached docs including ID and agreement letters etc. Then Thank God I found this site! thanks guys for the help! Hope these guys will face their karma!!

Hi Edgar G. Carl,

You almost got me!!!

• Is
      11th of May, 2009

Hi guys... this is the latest...

good thing my husband saw this and we never sent cash thru western union

we have received your acceptance form and already forwarded

we are now also sending you original copies of employment documents
    with agreement by EMS which you will get in 7-8 days at your given home
    address, Dont forget to inform us upon arrival of all documents and
    Data Machine at your post mail address,

last date of Data form submission is 12 May 2009"

edgar carl

• So

Helloo...

woww, , thanks for this website, i am almost been fooled but i found this website which help a lot..Thanks for this. Like you guys i was so thrilled about the offer but when they asked me that 70 euro to be send thrue western union to their assistant acountant, I felt not sure of and I start to think that this might be a scam, , so i tried to surf again the Hersh electricals web, , , , by just typing this words...i found out of who and what they are, , , , ahhhh shame and to Mr.Edgar Carl, Hersh Electricals Inc. with an address of 1333 14, Piazza Cairoli St. 31, Messina Italy, the offer is so nice but you are a scammer you deserve a karma.

And friends, Be alert coz i guess they are just not alone in this sort of con, , , , like me i am about to be their victim and I hope there would be somebody there who can help more and more people not to be victimize by these people in the website. They causes no good in the website, , they may affects more people and may cause of people not believing in websites anymore, , no use to surf jobs in the internet, then.

133 14, Piazza Cairoli st 31
    Website Creation Date: 2009-04-22
    the Date they sent me applying email: 2009-04-23

• Bl
      13th of May, 2009

Wheeww!!Thank goodness everyone!! I was about to get fooled by this people. Yeah, they are using the name hershelectric in their almost believable scam...the moment they asked for the money it immediately ring an alarm to my sensors. So there...I try to search for this kind of websites and luckily my suspicion is all but true.

• Si
      16th of May, 2009

Thank you guys.. i was about to print the last email sent to me and will send money later.. thank God and you are all there.. as of now, they are using Davey Electronic, Inc. (www.davey-inc.com). same as you blackbird.. it gives me a buzz that somethings wrong already.. Thank you..

19th of May, 2009

Almeria, Spain

Branch:
    Stresemannstr. 80 D4a 43071
    Duisburg, Gremany

Currently following jobs are open:
    Control System Specialist