Gaurdsman / not honoring warranty

Had springs go bad under cushions in sofa. Went through the whole process to make a claim--filling out paperwork and all. Waited a week and a half to get phone call.

She asked me how long was it before I contacted them after I noticed a problem. I stated that it took about a month to realize the problem was getting worse at which time I contacted them. She put me on hold for five minutes and sounded very satisfied to report that they will not be honoring the warranty because I did not contact them within 5 days. I talked to customer service who also wouldn't budge. I wonder what type of excuse they would have used had I just said I contacted them immediately?

Comments

• Sg
      7th of Apr, 2010

Same exact thing happened to us, except it was a dining room table that the finish is coming basically chipping off. When we tried to explain that the reason the dates were not within their window was there fault b/c we had to use US Mail instead of email or at the very least a fax, they told us that the finish coming off would probably not be covered as it would be an issue with the craftsmanship and not something that "happened" to the table. I countered with maybe we used a bad cleaner and it is our fault, but we wouldn't know b/c we can't even get a technician out to look at it.