Gateway Computers / Bad service
In May 2007 I bought 2 Gateway laptop computers from Best Buy. Computer #1 was returned to Best Buy, within 3 weeks of purchase, because it would not go through the setup process. It was in the shop for a month. After getting the computer back, it was not working properly and was returned to Best Buy again, for 3 weeks.I returned with the computer a third time but received no satisfaction. When I asked for the 6 month free service warranty to be extended, because I had not had the use of my computer for 2 of the 6 months, I was told NO> I wrote to Best Buy to report my experience, and was basically told, "TOO Bad". In June 2008, one month after the warranty expired, omputer #2 stopped running. I took it to a repair center and spent $285. to find out that the motherboard was inoperable, and that the cost of repairs would exceed the cost of a new computer. On Aug 8, 2008, I mailed this computer to Gateway Corporate Headquarters, in Irvine, CA, with a letter, requesting satisfaction from them, since they produced the product; and have received NO REPLY, to date. A full month after their receipt, they have not had the courtesy or concern enough to respond to my complaint. We have bought and used Gateway computers in the past and are disgusted with their lack of response.
At this point, Computer #1 is making the same sounds that computer #2 did prior to crashing. I am losing faith in Gateway and believe that they are producing poor quality products and selling them through Best Buy which becomes a layer of protection for them.
There seems to be no way to get satisfaction from corporate America.
More Gateway Computers Complaints & Reviews
- Gateway cr Cust 1014104 - wrongfully charging my visa 
- Gateway / Monitor Lp2207 - Stay far away from Gateway
- Gateway Computers - Computer Warranty and Repair 
- Gateway International - Scam and cheating!
- Gateway Computers - Gateway 420GR - what a hunk of junk! 
- Gateway Prestige Cinema - Lack of service
- Gateway - Unauthorized charged on credit card
- Gateway NV77H Laptop - Laptop should be repalced
- Gateway NV55S02u - Hard Drive Crash
- Gateway/ E Machine - emachine is a Bad Computer