Gateway Computers / Gateway had stolen over 200.00 of my refund

I got my computer for 1224.96 and it was damaged, so i called the company and started with that process as i waited forever on hold i noticed that it was the wrong computer. As i explained this to the several people i spoke with none of them new how to help me as if they had never had this problem before in there 20 years of business. When i finally got my refund gateway had stolen over 200.00 of my refund...

Amy
knoxville, Iowa
U.S.A.

Va

Comments

12th of Sep, 2006

We sent in my laptop about a month ago on june 26th because I opened it and the hinge snapped, so when we sent it in they said we handled it bad and the warranty didn't cover it so we went ahead and paid for it to be fixed. Well first they had to wait for a part, which I think shouldn't be necesarry unless this happens to alot of people, but you think they would have them there with them. Well we called back a week later to check on it and they said they got it and sent an email that said it should be here on july 2nd, 2006 so we waited and when it was the 6th of july and still havent got it we called back and they said that they had to fix something else that i can't remember the name of and they said it should be here in a week so we waited for two weeks and still no sign of it so we called back on the 15th and they still havent sent it out yet and in 10 more days it will be a full month the hinge was fixed on tuesday the 11th and yet they still havent shipped it out, and its rediculous that i havent got it back yet.

• Ju
      20th of Dec, 2006

It seems that lots of people have the same "customer-service complaints issue about Gateway", so they cannot be all wrong. Now it seems that I too now have an issue. I own a Gateway notebook, but I think it is just marvelous. I love it to death. Does everything I need it to do, plus more!!!

I have very recently sent it in for service due to a "stuck power-button".
    I noticed on the computer box, that there is a number you can call for "Canadian Customers". It has a 604 area code (which is supposed to mean that it is in Vancouver Canada). Right? "Wrong!!!"
    When I dialed this number, and after waiting a good ten minutes, I soon realized that I was speaking to a service rep from Salt Lake City. I am only trying to find out the "accurate" status on my repair, not contact distant lands and other countries trying to access info that should already be available for people.

I've realized so far too, that there is no easy way to check to see the status of the repair for your Gateway product because there is simply no way to "easily" do it. Shouldn't "customer-service" be the type of service that you would expect to be given, from buying an expensive notebook computer? I only sent in mine because the "power-button" doesn't work, but I am beginning to see what others are complaining about -- "Customer Service" or lack thereof. In fact, anyone whom I contact doesn't really seem to know what time of day it is.

I'm beginning to become a little disgruntled, but I can see that I have a ways to go yet.

5th of May, 2008

Agree compltely with there service. It sucks. I got approved for a loan through there loan service and the poeple on the phone were rude i asked for the employees name or id and she replys, "you dont need to know my name" makes me wonder if the service was real the manager said they had contracts with gateway for 6 years there service is horrid and there inteligence is horrible.

• Pa
      8th of Jul, 2008

I ordered a gateway p-series back in april of o8. I called in about an issue before my return policy expired. Later my computer completely crashed. They made me pay to send it in. I paid and they said the hardrive, motherboard, and DVD system was going to be needing replacing. They recieved the comp on June 16th and told me a 7-10 wait. It is now july 8th. I have talked to countless people. The one supervisor said I didn't qualify for a credit and when I asked the criteria needed for a credit he refused to tell me. He told me I would get the laptop later and would not tell me when I would recieve it. It is still somewhere at gateway and they refuse to get it back, issue me a credit or even replace it. Terrible experience never agian will we buy gateway.