Gately's / Bad service

BUYER BEWARE!!!..Gately's has filed for bankruptcy and is now operating new sites. DO NOT purchase from these sites!!!
www.vitaclassica.com
www.hometanningsalon.com
Or any other site with the same design.
This company was run on poor business ethics and lies. They are crooks of the worst kind. If you have purchased from them before and still have not received your money back call 866.443.0867, this is a new number for their new sites. I suggest calling your credit card company and filing a chargeback and possibly consulting a lawyer!!

Ga

Comments

• Mv
      18th of Sep, 2007
    Gately's - Fraud and cheating!

After several attempts at contacting customer service at Gatelys by phone, fax, and e-mail, I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and had American Express launch an investigation on the company regarding my order. I spoke to the manufacturer of the basketball hoop I ordered, and was told that they were waiting on money from Gately's and that was the reason they hadn't shipped. I had submitted my order on Sept. 4, 2007 and the charge came up on my account on Sept. 5! I called them today at 1:30 in the afternoon and was told that I was calling after business hours (one time zone over) and both of their voicemail boxes were full. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. THIS IS CLEARLY A SCAM ARTIST.

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2007
    Gately's - Take your money and run!

I ordered an inflatable water slide from www.monsterbounce.com (one of Gately's business names) in June and just received the product two weeks ago but come to find out it is not even the slide I ordered and there is a hole in it!!! Can't get in touch with the company via phone or email to even try to resolve the issue and get a full refund. I've already filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and if you search bbb.org you will find that there have been 222 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. They operate under at least 37 business names selling various products. Advise all of your friends and family to NEVER order anything that is related to Gately's!!! They'll be glad to take your money in a heart beat but you either won't get your product or the product you ordered and you won't get a refund. If you've been snuffed by this company please submit your complaint at www.bbb.org. Shut these people down.

• Je
      21st of Sep, 2007

DO NOT ORDER FROM GATELY'S! I do not think they are even in business anymore. No e-mail or phone messages are ever returned. They are a scam. Do not give your credit card number to them.

• Mi
      24th of Sep, 2007
    Gately's - Non delivery of furniture!

Purchased furniture in June and it has not arrived. Numerous vmail and email requests for assistance and status updates have gone unanswered. Very poor service! Beware!

Save yourself the aggravation and headache and buy somewhere else!!!

• Lo
      24th of Sep, 2007
    Gately's - Never received item!

I ordered mattress set one month ago but haven't received it. Called Gately's but phone mail boxes repeatedly full. Unable to get through phone line to speak to someone. Send 3 e-mails but no call back. I am VERY displeased with Gately's and would urge anyone to stay away! They are not a reputable company!!!

• Ca
      29th of Sep, 2007

If you purchased from any of the Gately's Family of Stores, which includes FutonsStore.com, Sleek Spaces, and MANY MORE... Please file a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau. Go to bbb.org, the company is listed as Gatelys.

This company has had 230 complaints filed in the last 36 months. They have also filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Sept 17, 2007. Additionally, file a dispute with your bank or credit card lender against Gately's. Let's all do what we can to put pressure on this fraudulent company.

5th of Oct, 2007
    Gately's - Paid in full - no product yet and no response!

I ordered a futon mattress online with an expected 3-5 day shipping, that was almost 4 weeks ago. I have sent 5+ emails and web inquiries and had no response. When i call there is a recording stating they are still experiencing phone issues. those phone issues are almost 3 weeks old now as I started calling within the week after the order. Is this website a scam and do I need to call my lawyer? I have had zero response and I can't even get anyone on the phone to cancel my order!

Beware people!

• Bi
      5th of Oct, 2007
    Gately's - Poor service!

As with the other complaints we placed an order in July 2007 and paid for the item in full using our visa card. The dresser was not shipped. After many phone calls and many broken promises and many phone calls not returned, on Gately's part, I had enough of the broken promises and filled a dispute with Gately's through our bank. It took only 4 days and our bank was able to have our money refunded to us. Thank God - A lesson learned, use your Visa and keep good records.

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ANY GALELY'S STORES!!!

• El
      6th of Nov, 2007
    Gately's - They stole my money!

I ordered some fitness equipment from gately's, they charged my account, but after a month of not receiving my equipment and numerous emails, i finally got a response they said that there was a delay in the warehouse and that there was no ship date in sight. I canceled my order and six months later i still have not received a refund no answer to e-mails, and their website is out of service. I tried every number possible and all of there mail boxes are full so apparently they went out of business and took everyones money with them. Gately's sucks!

• Le
      8th of Nov, 2007

I ordered from Gatelys through Bill Me Later. I called to check the status of my order and canceled after 2 weeks. I never received the merchandise because they never intended to ship it. In the meantime, they billed my credit account with Bill Me Later. This is pure unadulterated theft and it is against the law! They claim to have been in business since 1917 and I guess that means they've been stealing that long. It's about time they paid people back for their actions of stealing and ripping people off. Get the word out -- Don't buy from Gatelys. All their victims should ban together to get our money back!

• Be
      9th of Nov, 2007

I can't agree more strongly... The stole my money too. I am a senior trying to live on a fixed income and I really could use my $400.00 back. Is there anything else we can do. A class action law suit...

• Tr
      12th of Jan, 2009

www.vitaclassica.com
    www.hometanningsalon.com
    Or any other site with the same design.

• Ap
      11th of Feb, 2009

Gatleys is under Etailengine LLC
    88 Inverness Circle East Suite N-106
    Englewood, CO 80112
    303 847-0509
    Dick & Kathy DeZengremel

Look them up at the BBB for a growing list of complaints, including mine.
    They also run these web sites that I would stay far from: