Gately - Barstoolhouse.com / Bankruptcy

United States Review updated:
I ordered 3 barstools for over $600.00 on 8/9/07 my credit card was charged on 8/10/07. I called and emailed numerous times in regards to this order that I had paid for, it is on backorder. On 9/17 I called to get credit until it shipped. Customer service said it would take 7-10 business days. 10/9/07 still no credit on credit card and I called customer service and they said that I had to get credit from credit card company because they filed Chapter 11 BANKRUPTCY on 9/17/07. They said this can take 6-8 weeks! Yet the website is still up an running and you can order and they will take your money!

Comments

Va
  17th of Sep, 2007

BarStoolHouse.com / Gatelys Bar Stool - Definitely not a reliable company!

I shopped at http://www.barstoolhouse.com which belongs to Gatelys group in June. Just after I paid for the bar stools, I talked to one of the customer service associates and I discovered that the company doesn't post the right schedule for delivery on the internet site.

They canceled the order and they said that they will refund the amount in 2 week. 3 months passed, they still didn't refund my money, plus when I reach the customer service after waiting 1 hour(I am not exaggerating), as soon as they understand my problem, they hung up on me. tried may be 10-15 times, I was not successful.

It is definitely not a reliable company. Please let me know if you have any idea how I can get my money back.