Gasoline / Gas Gouging

1 22 Airport RoadArden, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 828-684-2003

One September 12th when gas stations in NC are running out of gas and the average price had been 3.58/gallon I searched for gas till I found this station.

Gas was 4.79 which, per Bruce Goforth's office IS price gouging. In addtion, they have made sure there is little or no record of transations. There are signs posted that say their credit card machines are down. No credit or debit transactions allowed. They direct customers to the ATM.

They rush customers thought he fill up process, taking cash, telling you your gas has been pumped and moving on to other customers. I was never given a receipt so... I was forced to pay cash with no receipt for gas that was priced too high. I have no legal record of the transaction.

There are many, many other customers who walked away from that station with no record of having payed an illegal price for gas today, the 12th.

I would say this is completely criminal behavior, planned preplanned gas price gouging based on a panic situation.

Al

More Gasoline Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Al
  12th of Sep, 2008

Ro
  15th of Oct, 2008

When oil prices last year where at this price today (Oct.15, 2008), the price of gasoline was approx..30 cents cheaper, , WHY??? ITS PRICE GOUGEING, , , When are u POLITCIANS going to investigate & PROSECUTE the offenders. Maybe too much OIL $$$$$$ in your pockets.????