Gas up America -Fraud/Scam/Ripoff / Does Not keep Promise

1 Millwood Landing, AR, United States Review updated:

I went to a Time Share showing at Millwood Landing at Millwood, Arkansas, August/September 2008, on the promise of a $100 gas card. After the presentation, we were given a coupon from Gas Up America. I sent in all the proper information and 4-5 weeks later I got a coupon book with 5 $20 coupons. I sent in a gas receipt for $100 and a coupon expecting $20 in 3 weeks. @ months later I was informed I didn’t meet ALL 16 requirements, but they did NOT say which one(s) I failed. As of March 25, 2009, I have submitted 4 and have gotten 2 responses saying I didn't meet ALL 16 requirements. I have called and left messages 6 - 7 times, written 4-5 letters requesting WHAT item or items were in error. I got 2 responses, both a form letter saying I missed 1 or more items, listing ALL 16 items but not telling me which one(s). All I have ever got back from Gas up America is a form letter saying that after reviewing the information that I submitted that I DID NOT follow the terms and conditions so they denied me the rebate. This Gas Up America is a ‘Total Rip Off’….
... Not only did they screw us around, I rode my NEW $53, 000 Harley-Davidson Trike down and it Rained on us like a Cow peeing on a flat rock..

Comments

• Do
      6th of Apr, 2009

My husband and I went to a Time Share presentation at Split Rock Lodge in the Pocono's, Pennsylvania. We also rec'd the $100.00 gas card. Each time we "followed" all the directions and sent in our coupon we rec'd a letter back that we did not follow all the instructions. The last time we sent in a coupon I enclosed a list of all the instructions and checked that we followed exactly what they stated. That was in January 2009 -----NOTHING back from them. It is a Rip Off and I am going to file a complaint with the BBB and the attorney general in Florida when they are located. I think more people should file complaints and maybe something will be done.

• Ta